Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I am trying to set up a replacement laptop, one of the programs I am trying to install is VIBER, it loads fine but requires it to be installed on a phone before it will initialise it. I did not have a phone last time I did this but forget how I managed to get the password to initialise it. I only have an old Sybian phone and do not use it for the internet, screen is so small I cannot see it, hee hee. I just use it as a phone (how strange). Anyone have an idea how it may be overcome or have a throw away unlocked android phone going cheap?

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Never used Viber but their website seems to say your Nokia phone would be OK.
Also says -
  • How do I get started with Viber?
    You don't have to register! You know your phone number and so do your friends. Viber uses your phone number as your "identity" and lets you make free Viber phone calls to any of your friends who have Viber - using THEIR phone number. Once you've downloaded Viber, you will receive an access code via SMS or callback to activate Viber. The access code ensures that you are the real owner of the cellphone number you have registered and prevents others from obtaining your access code and placing calls with your caller ID. You can make calls and send texts via WiFi, as well as via 3G.
Did you get an access code when you downloaded the software?

OP
OP
W

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
they send the access code to the phone, not the PC and at the same time requires you to have viber on your phone. so no good to me.
you download the software, type in your phone number and they send the code or at least that is the way it used to be, now they check for an installation on the phone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sign up for a free text me account and get a free virtual phone number. then have viber text the code to the virtual number. I use the same method to install whatsapp on tablets

https://go-text.me/

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
sign up for a free text me account and get a free virtual phone number. then have viber text the code to the virtual number. I use the same method to install whatsapp on tablets

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back