Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
we will be heading back in February and would like a recommendation for a safe aire about an hour from Calais we don't want to be too close and happy in land.
Also looking for a vet 1 or 2 days south of Calais for the pet passport bits so approximately 100/200 miles south of Calais and any contact details and coordinates would be appreciated.
Many thanks

Rapido924f

Free Member
Dec 16, 2016
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2008
We use an aire at Montreuil sur Mer which is about an hour from Calais. It has marked out hard standing pitches, free with €2 water. Has toilets in adjacent car park. Sorry haven't got coordinates but it's in the All the Aires book. Commerce is about a 10 minute walk with a Fromagerie to die for

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Another vote for Montrueil and have used the vets two minutes walk from the aire on several occasions, maybe not the cheapest vet but easy to use

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
We tend to use the vet in Honfleur opposite the aire when we're heading back up that way.

Yes, I know she's the most expensive vet in the world but she's convenient, you don't need an appointment and my dogs like her.

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
We tend to use the vet in Honfleur opposite the aire when we're heading back up that way.

Yes, I know she's the most expensive vet in the world but she's convenient, you don't need an appointment and my dogs like her.
Expensive? What sort of price are we looking at? We normally pay €40-45.
Thanks.

KeithChesterfield

Free Member
May 20, 2015
Stand Road Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2010
If you want a Vet in Honfleur use Patricia Lardinois, 38 Route Emile Renouf (49.412504,0.246243) Tel – 02 31 89 55 53

Park outside or a 10 minute walk from the Aire.

She charges half the price of the other Vet – why waste money?

For recommended Vets - use link below ....

:france: :france: :france: :france:

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We've used the aire and vet at La Mailleraye sur siene, aire free this time of year, pay for water. The vet speak English and was cheaper than the St.Omar vet.

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
We've used the aire and vet at La Mailleraye sur siene, aire free this time of year, pay for water. The vet speak English and was cheaper than the St.Omar vet.
Yup.. another vote for this one... Think we paid about 20€ each for our two labs...
Isn't there a map with recommended vets on in the resources section?

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Plus three for La Mailleraye sur Siene, (thanks initially to Keith Chesterfield,) Advertised charge is €15, and we only pay that for two large dogs I presume because we take our own Drontal. Only downside is receptionist doesn't speak English, so we have to wait until we get there to book an appointment, which is sometimes next day,
vet only visits twice a day. They call the service 'Return to England',

Boulongerie x 2 in the town and small supermarket including fuel other end of town. We always find aire very interesting with frequent barge and ship traffic on river.

Malcolm

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
When travelling down here to Spain we used the new aire at Calais loads of room, when it's all completed it will be even better,it's off Bleriot Plage.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Thanks.

Similar to that.

In other places we've paid half that.

It's not a problem though. We will always use her as 1st choice when we're in that area for a number of reasons

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I was lucky, called in and vet there at that moment but advised to arrange an appointment.

vet2.JPG
vet1.JPG

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We have stayed on the pleasant aire at Bergues several times and taken the dog to the vets in town. Basic aire with no facilities except rubbish / bottle bins but easy walk to very pleasant town.

Vets is on the way into town, surgery is near the statue of a cow. Everyone there seems to speak good English, mind you quite expensive at about €40.

Paul

iLondoner

Free Member
Jul 23, 2016
London and Granada Altiplano
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Forte
Exp
Past owner
Thanks.
For worming tablets and a stamp? In Spain the farm vet charges us €5 for the two cockapoo dogs but I feel embarrassed at that and normally give him €10.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
The new aire in Calais just off the bleriot plaza is about 150mts away from our vet on The Charles de gaul avenue . Come out of aire turn left , down to mini rounabout, turn left ,cross the road and you are there .We have used this practice for a long time .Run by a good vet Madam Christine . Last year we paid 43 euro's for two yorkies in total.

Oct 8, 2016
bognor regis
Funster No
MH
Burstner Aviano 675G
Exp
10 years
Neufchatel en Bray. You get a discount on the check at the vet if you are a regular. Nice aire too next to the campsite.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back