Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Has anyone used a Vet for the Pet Passport scheme in St Jean de Luz, Aquitaine, Pyrenees-Atlantiques or a Vet anywhere in that area?

:france::france::france::france:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi there, you seem to have internet :Smile: so here is a link http://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=vet&find_loc=Saint-Jean-de-Luz%2C+Pyr%C3%A9n%C3%A9es-Atlantiques that I saw when I did a Google search. I would recommend just popping into a vets (Veterinaire) if you see one and you will soon know if they know what to do. We used one at Charleville Meziers in the summer and one at Broglie last month having done just that. The last one was even up to date with the new rules (though they still charged the same price :ROFLMAO:) at both vets I supplied the drugs. The new rules are just a health check and administration of the wormer need to be carried out and stamps for both of those put in the relevant spaces in the passport. Signed, timed and dated. Now also this has to be shown as having been done between 24 and 120 hours of checking in at the port or tunnel. By the way my French is very sketchy, language was no barrier! Hope that helps, Jane :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I did the one reply sat in the diner and Bob was in the lounge doing the same thing :ROFLMAO: I realise now that you are probably in the UK right now but my answer is the same anyway. Pop into a vets where and when it is convenient. Jane :Smile:

OP
OP
Roryboys Dad

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Bobandjane - thanks for the replies.

I've posted a list of recommended French Vets, in the Touring Information part of the download section – called 'Vets List April 2012' – and I'm trying to add more Vets to that list.

I'm also in the process of doing a Google map, similar to the link you've provided, but I'm adding other European countries as well now that most of Europe is reachable to Ports and the Tunnel due to the five day rule.

I started the list to try and find Vets who are considerably further from the usual money grabbing Vets close to the Channel.

Also the cheapest Vets, the ones who speak English (which worries many people who only have, like me, a very basic grasp of a foreign language), Vets who are recommended and used to dealing with the Pet Passport scheme and where to find them in towns and Cities.

Although it can be easier to just pop into the Vet you are nearest to it can be a problem, as some people have found out, when the jobs-worthy at French Customs finds the Pet Passport hasn't been properly completed by the Vet.

And that's what I'm hoping to avoid if possible.

Thanks for the link to Vets in St Jean de Luz – I just hoped someone might have used one of them.

Any Vets you've used recently, and especially price, to add to the List and Map would be appreciated.

:france::france::france:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back