Venice aires

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by froghopper, Mar 24, 2013.

1. froghopper

froghopper Read Only Funster

Hi folks, only 5 weeks to set off. On trip long way round to Venice. I normally stop over night on the aire on the coach park next to the ferry port. Any one have better ideas, it's 25 euros per 24hrs so not good and not cheap. Ideas please. Ta alot

2. mitzimad

mitzimad Funster

was hoping there would be some replies to this as were also planning on going down to venice we leave dover on the 6th of may what do you mean by the long route frog ?

3. Theonlysue

Theonlysue Funster Life Member

Which port are you looking to stay at?

S

4. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

We stayed at Parking Alighieri at Punta Sabbioni in 2009. It's a cross between a sosta and a small campsite (has toilet block and is secured at night). About €17 per night if I remember correctly. About 1/2 hour by ferry to San Marco.

5. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

Last time we visited I got the impression that overnight stopping was permitted here between Punta Sabbioni and the beach at the mouth of the waterway. You can see a line of campers in the Google Maps pic. From what I could understand on the rules and regulations board you musn't spread out around your van. There's Streetview coverage of the parking showing quite a few campers in marked bays.

I've also seen vans parked overnight in the coach park near the ferry terminal here

On two previous occasions we've stopped at Camping Ca' Savio and cycled to the ferry terminal at Punta Sabbioni. The ferry journey's about an hour and it's all very easy, plus the campsite has access to a beach for a dip in the Adriatic after a long day spent taking in the sights.