Van TLC (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We've had our van, Ducato based, for 16 years, purchased new. After nearly 90k miles she was looking a bit sad, especially as the paint was beginning to peel off the A pillars and front wings. After a full service, two repairs and an MOT (passed with one advisory) I bit the bullet and arranged to have the cab re-sprayed. Got the van back at the weekend and took her in to Autovalet Express for a wash and polish. Home today and four new wheel trims fitted. Not looking as new but certainly not 16 years old. Well pleased with the result.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We've had our van, Ducato based, for 16 years, purchased new. After nearly 90k miles she was looking a bit sad, especially as the paint was beginning to peel off the A pillars and front wings. After a full service, two repairs and an MOT (passed with one advisory) I bit the bullet and arranged to have the cab re-sprayed. Got the van back at the weekend and took her in to Autovalet Express for a wash and polish. Home today and four new wheel trims fitted. Not looking as new but certainly not 16 years old. Well pleased with the result.
The way the weather is this morning you're getting a free rinse as well!:giggler:

OP
OP
WillH
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
You're right, tipping down!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 21, 2021
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Amethyst
Exp
Newbie, former van camper and still wild camper
Any pictures?

OP
OP
WillH
Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
20240324_111859.jpg

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
Looks good.

Apr 20, 2012
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Allegro 83
Exp
since Feb 2012
I like it.
Ours is now 17 years old a similarly showing it. It's currently at the tail end of a makover with a firm in Yate called 'Crystal Clear'.
They let me inside their workshow for a week to start and I was able to remove, clean and re-seal all the windows and Heki. This was followed by a full polish, de-oxidisation and ceramic treatment and last were having some areas wrapped.
I collect it next week. It's not cheap but I'm hoping will once more look like the much loved vehicle it is.
When you get so much value from these it makes sense to look after them inside and out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back