using wifi hotspots abroad ?

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by greyman1, Jul 31, 2014.

1. greyman1

greyman1 Read Only Funster

from what i can gather from reading posts on this forum , a number of you use your tablets etc when in france via the wi fi hotspots provided by McDONALDS, apparantly according to a assistant at my local mackies you have to register first . what they didnt know, was if this registration would still be valid to allow access abroad ! can anybody tell me ? and is there any other companies they have found thru france that has a good hotspot network ? cheers garry

2. Mattyjwr

Mattyjwr Funster Life Member

McDonald's registration is easy in France but ddon't rely on their wifi working - we've had problems in the UK and France - not every store has someone that can get the WiFi working if there is a fault.

I am sitting next to the river Dordogne using my 3 Mobile sim - it has been great in France. Good use of £15.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Coolbeanz

Coolbeanz Funster

I use the free SFR FON networks throughout France, if you or a family member is a customer of BT it's easy to log in, if not you can buy a FON router and access it that way. The best person to ask is probably Addie from Motorhome Wifi. I am using a free FON network to type this (y)

4. Viennese

Viennese Funster

Are you using the Three sim in your phone or in a tablet or netbook?

Many thanks