Usb tv dongle internet worldwide tv & radio player

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Heyupluv, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Heyupluv

Heyupluv Read Only Funster

Has any funster got one these "USB TV DONGLE INTERNET WORLDWIDE TV & RADIO PLAYER" or used one, and what is your opinion.....from Naff /and a waste of time and money :Angry:...........to......... very good to excellent :BigGrin: also what Uk stations can you get

Ebay no 330503623607

to be used in France,...on the laptop.......also........ Spain and Portugal on the laptop

Mel:thumb:

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

I tried on mel but no signal, even though main set receives at least 4 channels with no antenna attached. Try this link.
    http://www.tvcatchup.com/guide.html
    that works fine here, does it in France I wonder, you may have to use a proxy server to make it appear you are in the UK.

3. Heyupluv

Roger thanks for the reply .......NO they do not work over here....tvcatchup...not out of the UK....but a very good friend on here(mention no names):censored:2:whistle::active: has set my computer up to receive what you are on about.....just thought a simple item like the one in question would be ok when her in doors has the soaps on:helpsos::swear:

Mel

4. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

If you look in PC Pro this month they offer a USB memory stick FOC if you take a subscription. The picture is identical to the ebay one.

I reckon all they are selling is a USB memory loaded with a bit of software to grab TV off the internet.

I have a haphauge (?) dongle on this computer, plug in TV aerial and it works a treat. Is that what you want or do you want TV off the web ?

5. Heyupluv

Hi Brian... it is tv of the web while we are out with the motorhome......we already have Tv and a sat dish ..that is fine and we have no problems in France......but just some time when the Tv is being used and the notebook or the lappy are not, it may have been possible to watch some other channels......football, grand prix, Gp, sky news or other good channels:Wink:

Mel :thumb:

6. barryd

barryd Read Only Funster

assuming it actually works you would have to be sat on top of a pretty good wifi signal with not many others on it to get good viewing as it needs minimum 2MB connection for TV. I dont know how you connect to the internet abroad but I think I can count on one hand the number of super fast connections we have hooked up to.

7. Heyupluv

another ebay no.....: 260697035355
    System Requirements

CPU

2GHz Processor or better

Display

Standard: 1280 x 1024 Widescreen: 1280x800

Networking

Radio: Approx. 99% of radio stations play on at least 0.2Mbps

TV: Approx. 80% Tv Stations play on at leat 0.4Mbps

Operating System

Windows XP SP2 / Windows Vista / Windows 7 (32bit)

NOT COMPATIBLE WITH KASPERKY AND AVG

To ensure maximum performance, operating system must

be uptodate with the latest service pack.

Windows Media Player

Version 9 or Above

b:
    Adobe Flash Player

Version 10 or above

USB

USB 2.0

Browser

Internet Explorer IE6 or above

or Have I got it wrong I thought it was bips per minute were does it say 2Mb connection for TV ?

Mel

8. barryd

barryd Read Only Funster

At the bottom of the first item you posted it says ADSL 2Mbps above recommended

It does seem high but from my own experience of viewing stuff online you need a pretty good connection to view video or TV.

I use a powerful wifi antenna abroad and even with that I have often had issues running youtube videos or anything that requires streaming. Campsite or tourist info wifi zones are often over used and although they work fine for browsing I just dont think you could rely on one to watch TV.

9. Heyupluv

Thanks Barryd...Mel