Urgent help needed - Growler security loop problem (1 Viewer)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Anybody help please with this @eddievanbitz ??

Had Vanbitz Growler alarm with security loop fitted some time ago. I am in the middle of Italy and I want to use the security loop tonight for the first time to secure my scooter when outside the garage. The problem is that I can't see anyway to get the loop apart - no matter how hard I try pulling the two black bits of the joiner apart they will not come apart. There seems to be something snagging it and stopping it coming apart Is there a knack to it please?

Deleted User
I have the same loop and I don't do anything special to pull it apart. Worst case you will pull the ends off but you could just wrap the wires together until you buy a couple of connectors.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
As above we had no problems opening our connector either, there is a squeeze type fitting if memory serves me right

How about buying a replacement connector from an auto store or DIY shop?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Could you shove the wire back in and secure with a bit of tape temporarily?

Deleted User
They are just spade connectors with a cover. You can just crimp/solder a new pair on.

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
They are just spade connectors with a cover. You can just crimp/solder a new pair on.
Unfortunately it appears that mine had a spade terminal with little catch and hole in them which locked them together. Not sure why, but I have emailed Eddie and I am sure that he will sort it out when we are back. Have loads of spade connectors, but all unfortunately in the garage at home!!

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
The ends are a simple male and female connector. To be honest I have no idea why they have stuck together

The metal part is brass so shouldn't be affected by moisture, so I can only guess that the connection has been squeezed somehow and jammed

Any make/make connector can be used as a replacement

We can organise a replacement via your email on Tuesday

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Mine is outdoors in all weathers all year around
image.jpeg

OP
OP
peterc10
Jul 5, 2013
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
The ends are a simple male and female connector. To be honest I have no idea why they have stuck together

The metal part is brass so shouldn't be affected by moisture, so I can only guess that the connection has been squeezed somehow and jammed

Any make/make connector can be used as a replacement

We can organise a replacement via your email on Tuesday
Eddie, thanks for rapid response. They are brass and not corroded. But the female end had a tiny spring flap that engaged in a tiny hole in the male spade end which effectively locked them together. Had to almost destroy both parts to separate them.

Could you send a replacement in 3 weeks please, by which time we should be home from Italy. Will leave the scooter in the garage overnight in the meantime.
Peter

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Strip the wires back Peter and twist them together, it will have the same result if tampered with. ;)(y)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I have sort of got it working but not sure if it will part in the night and wake the whole campsite up!
Get the wife's best scissors and cut both male and female connectors off, then get her bestest sharpest knife and trim the insulation off till you have an inch of copper showing then twist them together. You won't get any false alarms then unless they are physically pulled apart. Then go in and get the beating you deserve off the wife for buggering her scissors and knife up. (y):LOL::LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back