Upgrading my motorhome

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by jabbaman1, Apr 11, 2011.

1. jabbaman1

jabbaman1 Read Only Funster

HI, ADVICE PLEASE,Can anyone help,i will be upgrading my peugeot wayfarer 4/5 berth (w.reg 2000) motor home approx. 3/4 months time
    i stay in Glasgow and there are not a lot of places that sell motorhomes
    locally,What i would like to know if anyone can sudgest the best places to go for a trade in ,i am looking for a 6 berth u shaped lounge motorhome ,i would realy like an autotrail but i think that might be outwith my budget
    £12.000 plus my wayfayrer.looking for 54/55 plate thanks in advance,Jabbaman:Smile::Smile::Smile:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Loujess

Loujess Read Only Funster

It's a long way from you but I like Marquis at Preston and I'm sure they'd have something to suit you. Check out their website, they will bring in a van from anywhere in the country for you to see.:BigGrin:

Ivy

3. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Hi Jabba, May I suggest a weekend at a show? I know there a long way from you, but somewhere like Knutsford will open you up to a lot of dealers. You could come for a long weekend, meet up with funsters, have a good weekend and even find a new motorhome. You will see a lot of dealers whom will have a lot of vans back at there premises as well as having plenty to view. :thumb:

Oh and I see this is your first post, so welcome to the Fun

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Trade ins make things a little easier, but you will rarely get as much for the motorhome as you should. Dealers can make it sound like they are offering you a great part exchange, but unless you know the proper selling price for both vehicles, you'll never know.

Have you thought of Ebay'ing yours and then looking for a new van as a cash buyer, chances are you'll get a better deal both ways. :thumb:

Meanwhile, welcome to the fun:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  5. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

You are in a lose lose situation there. You go a long way to buy, one tiny warranty repair and it's a big expensive pain to you.

Not easy for you.

6. jabbaman1

thanks ,for all your replies,as i said this won't be happening for 3/4 months,it looks like i'll have to travel south to get what i wan't,any more help would be apprieciated thanks,Jabbaman:Smile:

7. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

Hi and welcome.
    We're in Bathgate so understand your dilemma. We have one dealer close to us but they are expensive. We went to Knutsford last year, met the funsters and bought our first motorhome. All the dealers are there and there are loads of second hand vans. We bought from Cleveland Motorhomes and got a good deal with a trade in for our caravan. They also let us use a local repairer for any warranty work which is worth loads in diesel and convenience.
    Good luck with your search. :Smile:

8. jabbaman1

thanks for the reply it's been very helpful and shed a bit of light on the motorhome situation in Scotland,thanks again,:Smile: Jabbaman