Up plating & DVLA paperwork (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
Not used in the UK ......so why not simply delete the GVW line on the V5c.
Of course the V5c needs the gross weight otherwise a 3.55t van could be loaded to 7.5ton and nobody would be any the wiser.
All I can say is that Sv have been doing this work for yonks and presumably know their trade. But just to cover all the bases I will get it changed too.

OP
OP
NicandJay
Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Turn up for the books. Well done DVLA.👍 New V5 arrived with both weights amended to 4000kg. 👌👌👌 well pleased with that.

Well it's a double whammy cos our new V5 turned up this morning with both figures amended also... hooray for the DVLA 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

x17ken

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo
Exp
Since 2015
Well it's a double whammy cos our new V5 turned up this morning with both figures amended also... hooray for the DVLA 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
Let them know. The good guys there always appreciate positive feedback.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Interesting from DVLA.

See first line.

View attachment 882350View attachment 882350

Since the entry line for 'Revenue Weight does not appear on most countries standard registration documents, the authorities in other countries will look for Gross Vehicle weight or Maximum Permitted Laden Mass.

Those authorities cannot be expected to know or take account of the legal connection with Revenue Weight, especially since in countries like France and Poland no revenue, e.g. 'Road Tax', is collected from vehicles based on weight.

DVLA fail to take into account of how discrepancies between these weights on the V5c can cause Keepers/Owners problems outside the UK.

x17ken

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo
Exp
Since 2015
May 29, 2016
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line
Exp
Since 2016
Turn up for the books. Well done DVLA.👍 New V5 arrived with both weights amended to 4000kg. 👌👌👌 well pleased with that.

Keeping my fingers crossed that they do ours correctly too - looks like it was done today:
1712934650970.png

Going to have to wait for the doc to arrive though to check the other one 🤞

I you go to https://contact.dvla.gov.uk/complaints you will find that a form exists to register "A complaint or compliment about the service you have received" It is sad that the system is geared for complaints - I guess that is a reflection of the expectations of our society there days.
That's the link I used last time when they only updated the Revenue Weight - got an apology and a new (correct) V5 sent out very quickly.

x17ken

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo
Exp
Since 2015
Since the entry line for 'Revenue Weight does not appear on most countries standard registration documents, the authorities in other countries will look for Gross Vehicle weight or Maximum Permitted Laden Mass.

Those authorities cannot be expected to know or take account of the legal connection with Revenue Weight, especially since in countries like France and Poland no revenue, e.g. 'Road Tax', is collected from vehicles based on weight.

DVLA fail to take into account of how discrepancies between these weights on the V5c can cause Keepers/Owners problems outside the UK.
This is exactly the worry I registered in my earlier posts about travelling abroad with inconsistent weights on my V5. However the latest evidence from the posts above seems to suggest that the DVLA are easily amending the maximum permitted laden mass on request when the revenue weight is changed. My compliant is that it should be automatic, not something that you have to specifically ask them to do.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Those authorities cannot be expected to know or take account of the legal connection with Revenue Weight,
We have a type of "revenue weight " here in spain but shown on our 'ficha tecnica' * not on the permiso(log book)

*For those who do not know a 'ficha tecnica' is a standalone document that shows everything you have on the v5 along with tyre sizes, secondary allowed tyre sizes ,towing weight with/without brakes , length ,width height . unladen weight & revenue weight ,which is similar to the old horse power nonsense tin the UK ,they used to base the tax on.

OP
OP
NicandJay
Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
I'm sure the DVLA are trying to prevent me writing a good review for them.... after yesterday's "success" with the arrival of my new V5 correctly amended today I received an envelope also from DVLA. I opened it with some glee thinking it was my refund of the excuse duty now that I am a PHGV but no... it is a letter thanking me for reclassifying my vehicle but telling me the refund will be along in 4 - 6 weeks time! Surely that would be auto generated uponinputting the new figures. The refund on excise duty when I traded my old van in came in 2 days.....
How does that work?🤬🤬🤬

x17ken

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo
Exp
Since 2015
I'm sure the DVLA are trying to prevent me writing a good review for them.... after yesterday's "success" with the arrival of my new V5 correctly amended today I received an envelope also from DVLA. I opened it with some glee thinking it was my refund of the excuse duty now that I am a PHGV but no... it is a letter thanking me for reclassifying my vehicle but telling me the refund will be along in 4 - 6 weeks time! Surely that would be auto generated uponinputting the new figures. The refund on excise duty when I traded my old van in came in 2 days.....
How does that work?🤬🤬🤬
When I uprated my MOHO I got my VED refund within a week or so. I was surprised how quickly it was executed. Please provide an update when you get yours.

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
How does that work?🤬🤬🤬
Had mine in a few days.

OP
OP
NicandJay
Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Here's hoping mine too early next week

x17ken

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo
Exp
Since 2015
We have a type of "revenue weight " here in spain but shown on our 'ficha tecnica' * not on the permiso(log book)

*For those who do not know a 'ficha tecnica' is a standalone document that shows everything you have on the v5 along with tyre sizes, secondary allowed tyre sizes ,towing weight with/without brakes , length ,width height . unladen weight & revenue weight ,which is similar to the old horse power nonsense tin the UK ,they used to base the tax on.
Very interesting. Is there a process in Spain for changing the details on the "ficha tecnica" ? I'm guessing that our vehicle detail change legislation here in the UK is similar to the one in Spain and elsewhere in the EU ? Probably in place from the days when the UK was a full player in the EU.

x17ken

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo
Exp
Since 2015
I did send a compliment report to DVLA as they got both my licence and V5 correct first time.

I bet I get an email back saying ‘ we apologise for getting it right,’🤣
Well done. You are amongst the few to tell the DVLA that you are satisfied with the service you have received.
The DVLA deal with virtually every household and business in the country. They have to administer a very complex set of rules relating to UK driver and vehicle regulations and they are also subjected to considerable public and government pressures to do more with less. With the massive number of transactions they have to deal with they are bound to get it wrong now and again. Lets hope that in the majority of cases (who we probably never hear from ) they get it right. I'm old enough to remember queuing around the block for hours in the rain at my local taxation office to tax my car and execute other driver/vehicle-related transactions. With its obvious challenges, I welcome the convenience of the first UK centralised registration and taxation system that an ill-informed UK government decided to send to Swansea all those years ago. From those early days I reckon the guys in Swansea have made the best of an ill-judged political decision. When we talk about the DVLA always remember that we are dealing with proud Welsh people who are just trying to do their best job in a challenging and resource-restricted environment. They don't make the law - they just have to implement what our elected governments demand.... And do it at express speed with minimal resourcing.

OP
OP
NicandJay
Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Well todays postal delivery has brought a happy end to our up plating exercise with the arrival of our excise duty refund which has bee duly paid into the bank. Exactly a week after my new V5 arrived so quite pleased all in all. Will let DVLA know....

OP
OP
NicandJay
Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
I you go to https://contact.dvla.gov.uk/complaints you will find that a form exists to register "A complaint or compliment about the service you have received" It is sad that the system is geared for complaints - I guess that is a reflection of the expectations of our society there days.
Compliment on service level sent

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back