Ulez lez registration for non uk vehicles (1 Viewer)

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Has any managed to do this?

So, the Isle of man is not UK. We have our own registration system. The TFL system does not recognise our reg.

So, We bought the van new. It a UK plate. Now it has An IOM plate.

I have tried to register the van on the TFL site. I attached the certificate of conformity, the original v5 and the IOM v5. Rejected. Not enough information.

Funnily I did the same for the German system. Straight through.

What a useless system.

May 15, 2022
Bavaria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P969D
Exp
Since 2012
I started the process in June before our trip from Germany (car not MH) got rejected due to it being foreign and wanted German equiv of V5 to prove the emissions class, then the site crashed, it became too much hassle so took the easy option and stayed away from London....will try again in the future maybe....

OP
OP
gpat
Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
I'm tempted to just ignore it. I just wont pay. They dont have details of my reg on their system so I assume they couldnt find me anyway.

If they did I'll just keep the evidence that I tried but the useless tosses couldnt be bothered to look properly at what I sent.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I'm tempted to just ignore it. I just wont pay. They dont have details of my reg on their system so I assume they couldnt find me anyway.

If they did I'll just keep the evidence that I tried but the useless tosses couldnt be bothered to look properly at what I sent.

I am inclined to take the same attitude.

Especially since when I lived in London I have a letter from Tfl confirming that my MH was compliant and now it shows as non-compliant.

Same vehicle is now registered in Poland and if I should enter LEZ without registering with them I doubt whether Tfl have paid for rights to access the Polish registration base, which is regional anyway.

As to moral guilt: how much pollution can one MH cause in one visit? Enough to charge the owner £300pd?

Jul 12, 2022
Funster No
MH
On Order.Carado V337

So, the Isle of man is not UK. We have our own registration system. The TFL system does not recognise our reg.

I have tried to register the van on the TFL site. I attached the certificate of conformity, the original v5 and the IOM v5. Rejected. Not enough information.

Funnily I did the same for the German system. Straight through.

What a useless system.
Just like Comrade Kahn ... couldn't ran a bath

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
My son in Paris has successfully registered his car with french plates.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Yes.

They really sre an absolute useless shower of scum.
I believe now that EPC Plc. Does all the registration for TFL?
You really do not want to allow them access to any of your info. They are also an EU wide parking charge notice collect company who have no problem using dubious illegal and criminal methods to attempt to obtain payment.

What a useless system.
No it is far ,far worse than that.
You might want to read this article (one of many) before you think you may get away with not paying the ULEZ charge due to having a non UK registered vehicle

EU motorist fined almost £11,000 after falling foul of London Ulez rule

It isn't actually correct. By all accounts if you have a compliant foreign vehicle and fail to register if you supply details of compliance the trojan 🐎 says he quashes them. So tfl says.

I registered mine 10 years ago but they still actually managed to illegally ",close" my account in 2018 , deny the account ever existed when confronted with account number and proof of it, state that it couldn't be 'recovered' and I had to open a new one and supply all the tat again , then when I replied with a 219 swear worded email of which 69 began withC,(so my wife reliably informed me :giggle: )pointing out the uselessness of the whole lot of them and to the effect that if it wasn't reinstated immediately, with no input from me,nor any additional paperwork nor any new accounts I would be suing them . Suddenly the "account "reappeared complete with all of the vehicles, 4, that I had registered on it.

I won't but I could go on for days about the scum.:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
You might want to read this article (one of many) before you think you may get away with not paying the ULEZ charge due to having a non UK registered vehicle

EU motorist fined almost £11,000 after falling foul of London Ulez rule

I take note but in my case in respect of LEZ charges I would rely on the letter from Tfl that my vehicle was compliant.

Maybe first I will confront them in advance with that letter and ask whether there is anything in the primary legislation which enables them to change the rules retrospectively. If the answer is 'No' I will claim that they are estopped from subsequently declaring my vehicle non-compliant.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back