Uconnect Tom Tom loading a POI file

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by Riverbankannie, May 13, 2016.

1. Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie Funster

Help wanted please...has anyone managed to load a POI campsites/Aires file onto the Uconnect Tom Tom in a Fiat Ducato? Usual google searching followed by (if I must) read the manual, fruitless couple of hours spent.

2. Steve N Tracy

Steve N Tracy Funster

As far as I know it cannot be done, however I am hoping somebody will come along and prove me wrong!

3. olley

olley Funster

4. Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie Funster

Thanks Olley but I have been in the section on loading new maps but cannot find about transferring POI files particularly on a Uconnect.

5. olley

olley Funster

Hi annie, very odd it takes you to another site? This is what it says:

Important: If you have a Mito or 500L, 500L Trekking, 500L Living, please make sure that you have the correct software version that allows you to update your map (version 11.815.xxxxx or higher). To check the version on your device go to the Navigation Main Menu → Settings → Me and My Navigation → About My Navigation.

In the case of your navigation software displaying a lower version number than 11.815, contact the Fiat Chrysler Automotive service point to see if a software update for your radio is necessary. The radio software update will be offered according to the warranty standards.

A map update is available for Fiat 500L, Fiat 500L Trekking, Fiat 500L Living, Fiat 500X, Alfa Romeo MiTo, New Fiat Ducato, New Fiat Doblò, Jeep Renegade.
    The new Fiat 500 and the new Lancia Ypsilon already have the latest map version. If you need support with your Uconnect™ 5" Radio Nav device, please
    click here.

Any help?

Ian

6. Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie Funster

Hi Olley
    In the settings menu there is the option to format a USB memory stick ready to load a new map, and then presumably I can pay for a new map and load it from my computer and then stick memory stick back in camper. However it appears to be for map updates only.

7. Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie Funster

Currently installing free for life map update on my (portable) Garmin from the car, seems straightforward just to copy the POI file onto it as well. Seems easiest just to take this with us!

8. Steve N Tracy

Steve N Tracy Funster

Yes upgrading the maps on the Uconnect was easy, you can manually enter Poi's one at a time, but I figured I would be dead from old age or boredom before I had entered all Archies poi's.
    So for traveling we have returned to using our Garmin which has all the campsite Poi's installed.

9. Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie Funster

Hi Steve, yes I found the one at a time option! I have got the German Bordatlas books and downloaded the GPS but there are over 6,200! I haven't looked at Archie's yet.

10. Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie Funster

Ok.......so now Garmin express on desktop says "update failed" and sat nav has No Maps at all.! It will not connect back to laptop and I am stuck. On Garmin Express it says registered to me with correct email address but when I try and log in on website it says email address not registered. Telephone help now closed till Monday grrrr.

11. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

Some garmins have a reset button I think. It might be a hole you stick the end of a paper clip in or on nuvi models there is a combination of button and screen pressing. Google "garmin + your model number + factory reset" . There is at least one youtube video on it.

12. Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie Funster

Gave it a try, press bottom right hand of screen and power on. It when through reset process and ....still no maps

13. Steve N Tracy

Steve N Tracy Funster

Have you restarted the computer and tried again?

14. Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie Funster

That's was next on my things to do, have done a shutdown and restart and left it doing the 20 windows updates and install and had to go out babysitting. Will see if I can do anything with it in the morning and update you.
    Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  15. Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie Funster

I have success! I did have to have 2 attempts this morning as yet more windows updates forced a restart during the hour and half process.
    So I did a Garmin reset again and then asked Garmin Express to reload the map and thankfully it worked.
    Grateful for your advice and suggestions, thanks