Free Member
Mar 25, 2014
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
There is a layout to suit everyone somewhere. We have a fixed bed as well as a dropdown overcab bed in our Rapido 997. No way would we like to have to make our bed every night . The rear bed is great because you can separate the area for complete privacy and the other person can still watch TV or listen to music without disturbing the one having a nap .

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A USL can be a fixed bed.

A fixed bed can't be a USL.

USL's ROOL.

JJ :cool:
Ah, but a fixed bed can be a ..... bonkette! :D:X3:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Here, Apache 700se with U lounge up rear, up front pullman dinette and over cab big bed - second MoHo with this set-up, suits us perfectly and just couldn't live with the wasted space of a fixed bed.

Beds made in minutes in the rear and what a place to stretch out with a beer, especially in howling winter weather, Wife one side, me the other and a good DVD on.

Magical.

Trikeman. ;)

OP
OP
Jon and Debs

Jon and Debs

Free Member
Jan 13, 2015
Great Dunmow Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Newbie Jan 2015
I agree with this, regarding previous comments re bonkette that can be done anywhere, according to the wheres theres a will theres a way attitude of said participants, particularly the female element, say no more. But trikeman has captured the essence of the camping spirit, otherwise if you want a fixed bed and uber comfort get a hotel or stay at home. That comment MUST get some response surely? I await vociferous and alternative agreeable replies in order to make my own decision. Anyone know of a continual maker that appreciates that on a rainy day one doesn't want to sit in the dark, when engaging reverse or looking behind in the rear view mirror wants to see whats behind them, when parked up wants loads of light and something to look at out of the UsL panoramic windows, that actually open into the sitting area to get air, ambience and light. I am getting more convinced that these views must be shared, actually don't give a hoot if they aren't and would hope that makers may pick up the vibe. Just finished a shared bottle of red so apologise in advance for brave comments LoL
Regards to all

Jon

Reactions: DBK
O

Old Soldier

Deleted User
[/ATTACH]
IMG_8875.JPG
Everyone to their own.
We had a fixed bed in our new caravan a number of years ago, it was great but we missed the space that it took up when we were not in it. These days, old Elle with her u shaped lounge suits us fine. Takes only a couple of minutes to throw a duvet and pillows onto each side seat or if we are feeling lucky the bed turns into a playground in just a few minuted more....
The mood lighting adds to the relaxed spacious feeling of our comfy lounge...until the lights turn red!!!
IMG_8878.JPG

Broken Link Removed Broken Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 20, 2014
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SL
Exp
Since 2014
Love the USL on our ten year old MH, mainly what sold it to us as it has a great feeling of space and light. Wanted to have room to lounge generally, and in particular on rainy days in the UK. Making up the bed all part of the fun.

Have looked at new models at motorhome shows but still prefer ours. They all seemed to feel so claustrophobic and dark.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I don't view a fixed rear bed as wasted space, as I said previously we use it as a second lounging area, if we want a bit of space to ourselves one can sit in the front and one can slob out on the bed ... the dogs would never forgive us if we didn't have a large fixed bed for them to slob out on after they've been fed! When we chose our van we made sure it had windows in the rear door and the side to avoid the 'black hole' feeling you get with some fixed bed ones which don't have many windows.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back