Tyres

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by stagman, Dec 24, 2011.

1. stagman

stagman Deleted User

I am looking around for an alternative to the normall Camper Tyres .Fitted at the moment to my Autotrail are 225/75 R 16 CP Continental Vanco Camper , it says on the sidewall Tread 6ply Sidewall 2ply , so does this mean they are 8ply , and would any Van tyre over 8 ply be suitable . Any comments or recommendations would be much appreciated :thumb:

2. Douglas

Douglas Read Only Funster

If you are like me with the need to put 80 psi in the rear tyres then this may be what you are looking for......

http://www.tyrewizard.co.uk/van-tyr...ium=ppc&utm_term=171&utm_campaign=froogle#171

But before you buy in the UK have a look at this.....

http://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-details/michelin-agilis-camping-225-70-r15-112-q then pay to have them fitted.

Doug...

3. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

4. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

we have a member here I think with a tyre depot does someone remember his name?

5. haganap

you are talking about Brianjojosh as he is now know, Great chap and decent prices, is in Oswestry

• Like Like x 1
  6. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

Thank you Paul I could not remember his name but did know people had recommended him in the past for sales and advice

7. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

What's Paul doing posting, thought he said earlier he was on duty for the next four days, anyway he (Paul) usually pushes his Avons but I'll leave him to extol their virtues. :Smile:

8. John & Joan

John & Joan Funster

If you are changing the tyre specification check with your insurance that you will still be covered. Some insurances can be funny. They even need informing if you change to winter tyres.

John

9. stagman

stagman Deleted User

I take it you have these fitted to your Bessecar . What milage have you done with them , are they classed as a summer or year round tyre ,and do you know what ply they are can't see anything on the website ,also any other comments would be welcomed , Thanks:thumb:

10. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

I see why you need em Paul.......................118mph speed rating.............................:Rofl1::Rofl1: :Rofl1: :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  11. haganap

Hi, no I don't have them fitted on my Bessacar as I have only had it 8 weeks. I had them fitted on my last van which was an Adria 670sk weighing in at 4.2t. I done over 10000 miles on them and to look at they were like brand new. They performed amazingly in the snow and I never got stuck on grass with them.
    I researched them extensively before buying them but can not remember what ply they were, but they were suitable for my van and the weight.
    Some motorhomers like to run there tyres at very high PSI, I think from memory the AV9s take up to 85 psi, However I always ran my tyres a lot less than that.
    One other thing I liked abou these tyres was the lack of road noise

There is some where and I think it must be "on the other channel" where MMM actually tested these tyres and they came up better than the camping tyres on offer.

Have a bit of a google on them and you will find them.
    Oh, and before anyone starts with the "can't fit these there not camping car tyres" I aint arguing, its been done to death. :Angry:

12. stagman

stagman Deleted User

Have a bit of a google on them and you will find them.
    Oh, and before anyone starts with the "can't fit these there not camping car tyres" I aint arguing, its been done to death. :Angry:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that and agree they do sound ok got a few thousand left on my Continentals so I have a bit of time left before needing to buy . Max pressure on the Continentals is 69psi .So a little more reasearch and shall keep you posted , and Thanks again for the info :thumb: