Tyres and Blackcircles.com

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Bailey58, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

I've heard them mentioned on Fun in the past but how does this work if you buy them mail order including fully fitted at a local tyre centre. Comparing the mail order only and the fully fitted price it appears the fitter gets around £15 per tyre, is this enough to compensate for the lack of profit on a direct sale? I feel a bit uncomfy but should I?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ivory55

Ivory55 Funster

Do they charge you for disposal of your old tyres ?

3. WillH

WillH Funster

I have bought tyres mail order for the van before. My local ATS has no problem fitting them for me, £12.00 + v.a.t.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Bailey58

All included in the price.

5. wizzer59

wizzer59 Funster

Funnily enough I had a dressing down from my local Tyre man today cos of that very fact, I usually buy my tyres online nowadays cos I can get what I want at a reasonable price, he then fits them for me for £15. My problem is that he never has the tyres I want, although he did say he could order them in:confused:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. ROB1CHELSEA1

ROB1CHELSEA1 Funster

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

We've used Black Circles for our last MH tyres and car tyres. We chose the fitted price deal on both occasions.
    It's less hassle and you get more choice, which is useful when you are after something niche like all season tyres.
    The fitting centres offer their services to Black Circles so have no cause to grumble.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Black circles are good. Have also used Etyres but they are a mobile franchise so you don't know how good the fitter is.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zajacp

Zajacp

Just bought a couple of continental camper 225/75/16 ordered from black circle fitted at formula one in the price with in 2days £268.00 good service done in 20 mins,can't asked more

• Like Like x 1
  10. GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY Funster

I get the tyres and fit them myself using a tyre machine. new, off Ebay for £35. It just takes a bit of puffing and blowing on my part to fit them. I got it for quad tryes as the local tyre companies refuses to touch them as they are hard to bead break with the garage machines so they do not want to know Car tyre were always fitted that way up until a few years ago.

11. bubble63

bubble63 Funster

Excellent advice
    How do you balance them?

12. peterc10

peterc10 Funster

Last time I fitted tyres on a motorhome I phoned around and looked on line. Not a lot of difference between Black Tyres and the local fitters I have used for ages, so went with them.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Cavs

Cavs Funster

I've used Blackcircles quotes to negotiate with local fitters, especially where the fitter in question is a Blackcircles agent and might be fitting the tyres anyway if I'd bought them from Blackcircles.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dognewf

Dognewf Funster

haven't tried with the van yet but my local Hi Q depot will match Blackcircles' prices for car tyres.

15. Titley

Titley Funster

just checked on formula one site Continental Vanco camper tyres 215/70 r15c £89.94 fitted.
    looked at internet but couldn't beat there price.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bailey58

These are on the car, Formula 1 online were cheaper than anyone else including my local Merc showroom who I did call to offer them a chance, they were £80 per tyre more expensive. :eek:. I've gone direct to my local F1 who matched the online price, makes me feel better although as others have said they get the work anyway.

17. cruiser

cruiser Funster Life Member

My local tyre fitters said they will match black circles price . So that is what I do.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Just a heads up when using mail order tyre suppliers:eek:

I used an online tyre supplier once. When I went to the fitting depot they noticed I had 'Tyron bands' fitted and refused to change the tyres unless I paid them extra per wheel. I agreed, but had to wait for an hour for the fitters to work out how to take the bands out of the first tyre (they'd never seen them before). The second tyre took 1/2 hour and the third and fourth 20 minutes extra each. After that episode I now prefer to go to my local supplier who knows the score regarding my vehicle's tyres/wheels.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. PJGWiltshire

PJGWiltshire Funster

Having just bought a full set of six, was looking to use Blackcircles. Stopped at the local Kwik Fit after the initial quote(Nearly double the price) I showed the on line quote and the manager there and then matched price. He then booked me in when it was convenient for me and carried out a full break and battery test. So they all want our business. So shop and challenge

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. manda3000gt

manda3000gt Funster

I used BlackCircles for a set of 4 Michelin CrossClimates on my company van at the beginning of the year, fully fitted price was £30 cheaper fitted at a local friends garage than the best price he could do himself, he still got paid from BlackCircles and I got the lowest price I could find anywhere fully fitted just around the corner, the only slight hiccup I had was I had to ring them for a vat receipt which they said I should have been emailed and which I later found it in my junk folder.

• Informative Informative x 1