TYRE WEAR INSURSUANCE!!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by Spud, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Spud

Spud Funster

Awaiting the (delayed) delivery of a new MH and have started my troll of the various insurance companies to obtain quotes.
    Whilst at the NEC on Tuesday I stopped at Caravan Guard's stand and spoke to a young rep (who had to ask a colleague the answer to some of my questions!) to get a quote. Once my requirements and details were noted it was arranged that I would be contacted that evening at 7.30.
    Having stopped at the newest services on the M25 (with a surprisingly varied choice of fare) on time, my phone rings and I am taken through the normal Q & A. Amoungst the various restrictions and conditions was that the maximum mileage they allowed was 11,000, which, if you intend to go into Europe touring, I believe is just about acceptable.
    After completing the process and being put on hold for 5 minutes I was quoted almost twice the cost of the two previously quoted premiums, was restricted to 7,000 miles, had to have a security bollard installed on my drive, was not allowed to drive to my place of work and a maximum of 90 days per annum European travel.
    But hey, that's almost 5 years per set of tyres!
    NB.
    The MH is worth-sorry, substitute 'worth' for costs- £80k +

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

for certain insurers, they either wont quote for more expensive motorhomes in certain postcode areas or give a silly price and conditions. perfectly normal, as it removes the nasty problem of next time you are asked "have you ever been refused insurance?" when getting a quote, you can still honestly say no. lieing automatically invalidates your insurance as it will be on their database already

3. Spud

Spud Funster

I'm in a very good postcode with regard to insurance.
    Spud.

4. ASel

ASel Read Only Funster

Try Safeguard

5. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

Im very surprised at £80k they didnt insist on an approved tracker device.
    most insurers do.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Spud

Spud Funster

That was amongst the 'various restrictions and conditions' I refered to!
    Spud.