Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Hi
When i picked up my 2009 autocruise startrial in Jan the tyres had 60psi front and 65 psi rear. However the sticker in the door jamb says they should be 70 front and 78 rear. I have put this in but the ride is much harder now.

I am thinking that as the last owner probally didnt alter them from new and also that the ride seemed better when it had 60 + 65 in whether there is a problem with specifications of tyre pressures b converters. theres nothing in the autocruise book about what the pressure should be so what do you folks think. I have seem many post re his subject so its obviously a topic that has lots of opinions so i would be interested in what others found when trying to find this info ot and what you ended up doing.

thanks
Phill

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
If you have read the multitude of posts on this subject,you will find there is only one way.
1- Weigh the van, front and rear axle and total weight loaded as you would be on a trip.
2- Ring the tyre manufacturer with relevant figures. THEY will tell you the correct pressures, not Fred down the pub, not some tyre fitter and certainly not the base vehicle manufacturer. End Of. No discussion, no alternatives. Well that's my twopennworth anyway.:Smile: VMax

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi icini, you are lucky to find somewhere to put air in the tyres. I drove round yesterday and used about a gallon of fuel and STILL havn't found a garage that has an air pump that goes over 60....... Going away tomorrow and one tyre is really deflated ...... bit like me.:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lebesset

Free Member
May 31, 2009
Funster No
common problem now ...garages with pumps that won't give over 4 bar

however all tyre dealers have proper compressors ...I've never been charged yet !

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
sometimes the pressure set by the manufacturers is for a loaded van .it is not always ideal for comfort .play around 5-6 psi eiter side see what feels comfy. then monitor the tyre wear if the edges, wear up the psi, if the middle wears, lower the psi. trial and error but it works. cheers alan.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
my 3.85t kontiki runs at the same as yours.
not too hard and not too soft.
tyres never get hot, warm but not hot, no matter how long the run is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
iceni

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
Hi icini, you are lucky to find somewhere to put air in the tyres. I drove round yesterday and used about a gallon of fuel and STILL havn't found a garage that has an air pump that goes over 60....... Going away tomorrow and one tyre is really deflated ...... bit like me.:winky:

Hi Movan
I have a HD compressor form costco that i keep in the vanIts the one the AA use and does 200 psi. Does my 80psi no problem/
There are some lorry air compressors about if you look. Saves moving the van
Phill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back