Turkey - Not Just For Christmas (1 Viewer)

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
Afternoon,

We've been in Turkey now for three days as part of our Big Trip. We're not certain how long we will remain here, but as we were reminded at the border, for a maximum of 90 days (unless we apply for a visa/residency).

I don't know if there's an appetite amongst Funsters for more information on routes / stopovers / experiences in Turkey, but I'm happy to provide what information I can, in as close to real time as I can.

I've been pleasantly surprised to find that the (widely discussed elsewhere on here) 300gb data SIM from Tiekom works in Turkey, so far without issue, so that's a big help.

We already populate our website / blog at www.wheretwo.co.uk/blog, so there's lots of information there, and there are photos on Instagram @wheretwo_ontheroad. Most relevant to fellow travelers though are probably routes and stopovers.

We are documenting these using Polarsteps. This automatically tracks our route, and I drop in photos of our stopovers and information about each one, including the exact location with a What 3 Words address.

This is open to anyone to view via the link https://www.polarsteps.com/WhereTwo/4541488-2022

You can open this on a computer, so you don't need the App, although it is easier!

This will access 'The Big Trip 2022'. It started in February, had an enforced two week break in April when we had to return home for various reasons, and we picked it up again on 29 April. For 'Part 2' we've come through France, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Italy, Greece into Turkey.

We hope some of you find this useful, and we're happy to answer any questions that we can!

Mark and Jo

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Hi,
Yes will follow you on Polar Steps if I may. Would lke to visit Turkey in the future....

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
As soon as I retire in 4-5 yrs I’ll be straight over there!! No point in going for a fortnight🤷‍♂️ teşekkür ederim

Nov 23, 2008
Funster No
Love Turkey will follow with intrest Im out in Fethyie at present driving the car back to uk next week Once I retire again we will be making this journey twice a year in the Adria so route options for 3.9 T. Motorhomes are welcome enjoy your trip We could spend the next 5 years here and still not see a fraction of it.As I write this I am looking at TLOS from our balcony TLOS is the home of Pegasus the flying horse now that really would be a way to travel .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Love Turkey will follow with intrest Im out in Fethyie at present driving the car back to uk next week Once I retire again we will be making this journey twice a year in the Adria so route options for 3.9 T. Motorhomes are welcome enjoy your trip We could spend the next 5 years here and still not see a fraction of it.As I write this I am looking at TLOS from our balcony TLOS is the home of Pegasus the flying horse now that really would be a way to travel .

I used to fly horses.......and pigs.......and sheep.......and even people and their cars.

OP
OP
Skez
Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
The extract below has been widely reported :-

A request submitted last week to the UN by the country’s foreign minister asked for the nation to henceforth been known as “Türkiye” — pronounced “tooh-key-eh”. It was accepted immediately by the UN, and Ankara is now asking governments across the world to follow suit

It seems the title of this thread and similar less than complimentary associations was part of the reason for the Turkish Government making this request.

To be fair I was just trying to be light hearted and gave it no more thought than that, but as the Turkish people have been wonderful hosts to us for the last three weeks, and we aim to be here for some while yet, I'll be referring to Türkiye as it wishes from now on.

It's well worth the effort getting here!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back