tuggers n water barrels (2 Viewers)

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Whithin part of this thread I seem to see the usual (human) problem, a lack of tolerance, acceptance or appreciations of 'our' different ways of doing things...

There are as many different ways to use a MH as there are MHs themselves, and what one likes another may not. Example, wild camping sounds absolutly fantastic, but it's not for us, we love RVs and really even at 28ft we'd be pushing it in alot of places and anyway, we like staying on camp sites, size is unimportant though we avoid the onsite bar/pool etc type as it's not us, no kids etc etc.

Sites, we love 'em because, err, they are full of campers:thumb: Whilst tents, trailer tent and caravan users may provide entertainment we don't look down on them, well unless we're driving past, got no choice or we might run 'em over:ROFLMAO:

Like has been said, we'll shoot the breeze/share a pint/help out any one, unless they're an arse then they are on there own.

We love the alround practicallity of a MH, OK RV, the turn up and you've arrived, sure one day we'll undoubtidly do the toad thing but only when there is a need, ah the joys of motorhoming, just like the push bikes, we only take them when we think we'll need, common sence really.

The aquaroll/wastemaster bit, we'll our first RV had small tanks so any more then two days(sometimes one:Blush:) and fill and emtpy required, and frankly the aquaroll/wastemaster route was just common sence. Some like to blat about in their van most days, we love park up and go for a little walk, preferably with a pub involved, but at the end of the day each to their own. Walk, bus whatever we like to be around the van and relax, at the end of the day this is what Winne gives us and as we're both working it suits us, maximum relaxation/battery recharging etc etc.

Again, different strokes, sometimes it does cross our mind, well if we'd gone for a PVC we could nip if here and there, but we love Winne, a little about us, we're 'vehicle' enthusiasts, we were just car nuts but then we discovered RVs and now were RV nuts as well, or vehicle nuts, but we find interest in all forms of camping.
If we're in a camping shop, we invariably end up mooching about the tents, trailer tent, awnings:Eeek: and even caravans, it's all fasinating to us (sad arn't we). Magazines/internet, any motor homes get our attention, from the tiddlers to the monsters, hell I got to have a look in one of those tiny little Romahomes a while back, wicked little thing (mmmm toad?) but we love the RVs and our Winne, I just spent the weekend (and a fair bit of dosh) replacing the rear trims because they we're letting her down, they we'rnt that bad but I wanted her as near perfect as I can, and again the differences between us, some are passionate about thier MH, some just love em and to some they are just a tool, each to their own and what suites.

Back to the aquaroll/wastemaster thing, we don't really need anymore, Winne has bigger tanks the usually last the duration of any stay, ie turn up and fill up if needs be, though part of the turn up, chill out routine for us is to turn up empty waste tanks, full fresh. But if we need to fill on arrival so be it and then just dump/fill on departure for the next destination.

Almost back on topic:thumb:, the noise, well yes they are but we (I) always carried when empty, if full drag 'em on the grass unless it's boggy or just go a little slower, what's the rush, well unless you bears getting warm:ROFLMAO:

We do have a Fiamma roll tank now, but that's really for emergancies, ie no where suitable for dumping the black ( yes I know masarator, one day) but we haven't used it yet, well apart from the Keswick C&CC site last year, day before the off we needed water and were close enough to a water point so why move, hose out fill up so we emptied the grey, still getting the hang of Winne's grey tank, it's huge, only took two roll tanks to empty what we'd put down, so I could have left it frankley.

Anyway, just some ramblings from me:thumb:

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
I say live and let live. M/homes c/vans its ment to be fun and enjoyment at the end of the day.:Smile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Some of you appear a tad sensitive for camping, do you think camping is really for you. Maybe a villa in the mountains would be more suitable.

The problem with motorhomes, they have become too self contained you become cocooned inside your own little world. It is so easy to sit inside and criticize people enjoying themselves.
You should get out more. Get away from your status symbol and start camping. :hug:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back