Trumatic C problems in Marocco (2 Viewers)

Motorhome-dude

Free Member
Jun 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
A class since 2011
Hi Delta 3,

I doubt you've bought a bag of spanners. Hobby's of this generation were the Bentley of motorhomes in its day. They were pricey to buy back then. They were well made and have nowhere near the problems you hear about of certain motorhomes that are only a few years old.

They do have some well known faults that show up with age. Stay on top of them and you've got yourself a lovely van. I would happily buy a new one if they still made them.

The heating/hot water -

You're running around in a twenty year old van. It's had twenty years of soot/deposits/gunk building up.

The top of the unit has a fan (similar to a car rad fan) which blows the heat off the unit to the little vents around the van (this is your blown air heating) the fan sits on a motorised spool. The spool wears out and the fan either sticks or wobbles (worn spool/rusted pin). This either brings up a fault or you hear weird rumblings and whooshing.

The gas jets get clogged/degrade with age and heat resulting in poor gas flow.

The pipework can degrade and become clogged.

Basically, everything BUT the pcb will throw faults. From what I was told the pcb will very rarely fail (and that's a good thing because it's the most expensive part!)

If you've 'sort of' got it working I'd think about getting it serviced because it will no doubt start to fail again... just like mine did.

I'll send you a private message.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back