Truma Ultrastore Rapid Water heater fault

Discussion in 'Heating and Air-Conditioning' started by Jez and Lin, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Jez and Lin

Jez and Lin Funster Life Member

I'm saying fault but could be just a maintenance issue. The heater is working okay but I am getting a lot of sooty smoke through the cowl which is depositing on the side of the van.
    My guess is that the burners want a clean out (I haven't had a hab. check done for 3 years) but my user and installation instructions don't mention it as a fault or give me any idea how to access the unit. Can anyone advise me on this or what else could be causing the problem and how to access and rectify it. The Unit is about 9 years old. Thanks in advance.

2. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

If its producing soot the air tube is obstructed, probably by spider nests. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE THE BOILER UNTIL IT HAS BEEN FIXED!!!It WILL be producing high levels of carbon monoxide (CO not CO2) which will kill you very dead! The boiler needs removing and strippping to clean properly.

D.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jez and Lin

Jez and Lin Funster Life Member

Thanks Dave, is the cleaning of the air tube within the remit of a diyer or should it be left to a service engineer?

4. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

Depends on the DIYers abilities. Mostly I'd say its a workshop job as the boiler needs to be removed entirely and fully stripped to clean it out properly. Couple of hours work for a trained and competent person.

D.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. gloworm

gloworm Funster

Give truma a call they are very helpful and will advise you.

Eric

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1