Truma Ultrastore Rapid Water heater fault (1 Viewer)

D

DM14742

Deleted User
I'm saying fault but could be just a maintenance issue. The heater is working okay but I am getting a lot of sooty smoke through the cowl which is depositing on the side of the van.
My guess is that the burners want a clean out (I haven't had a hab. check done for 3 years) but my user and installation instructions don't mention it as a fault or give me any idea how to access the unit. Can anyone advise me on this or what else could be causing the problem and how to access and rectify it. The Unit is about 9 years old. Thanks in advance.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
If its producing soot the air tube is obstructed, probably by spider nests. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE THE BOILER UNTIL IT HAS BEEN FIXED!!!It WILL be producing high levels of carbon monoxide (CO not CO2) which will kill you very dead! The boiler needs removing and strippping to clean properly.

D.

Reactions: GJH
OP
OP
D

DM14742

Deleted User
If its producing soot the air tube is obstructed, probably by spider nests. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE THE BOILER UNTIL IT HAS BEEN FIXED!!!It WILL be producing high levels of carbon monoxide (CO not CO2) which will kill you very dead! The boiler needs removing and strippping to clean properly.

D.
Thanks Dave, is the cleaning of the air tube within the remit of a diyer or should it be left to a service engineer?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Thanks Dave, is the cleaning of the air tube within the remit of a diyer or should it be left to a service engineer?

Depends on the DIYers abilities. Mostly I'd say its a workshop job as the boiler needs to be removed entirely and fully stripped to clean it out properly. Couple of hours work for a trained and competent person.

D.

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Give truma a call they are very helpful and will advise you.

Eric

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back