Truma honour gas warranty.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by jenny and mitch, Oct 11, 2011.

1. jenny and mitch

jenny and mitch Funster

Hi all. Just thought I should compliment a company we all use a lot. On route to France we found that we had gas leaking from the gas regulator in the gas locker of our 2007 120 avant-garde . I found that it was coming out around the 2" round disc on the L/H side of the regulator as you view it from the front. We rushed from Dover to what WAS the Brownhills outlet near Canterbury, now taken over by a company called "Choose Liesure" who kindly agreed to renew the regulator on the spot and we were away. The regulator is made by TRUMA who have agreed to refund the cost of the renewal without any quibble at all We haven't actually received the cheque yet but are sure we will. So there you go, a good news story. I hope this acts as a "heads up" for those of us who only open the locker to turn the bottles on or off. Happy sniffing ! ! ! Mitch and Jenny

2. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

I hope you receive your cheque soon, please let us know if you do...

Many Funsters have had problems with TRUMA regulators and TRUMA are in denial that there is a problem, although they have had a different problem from the one you describe.

Be good to hear something different..... with some good news:thumb:

3. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

Hi, we had a blocked regulator and sent it back to Truma, they took it apart and " YES " it was blocked with an oily substance. We use refillable bottles / Auto Gas with rubber hoses and have done for over 5 years and only once had any problem and they sent us a free replacement. :thumb: Bob.