Truma heater advice.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by yokeljohn, Mar 21, 2013.

1. yokeljohn

yokeljohn Read Only Funster

Iam trying to reset my truma heater water dump valve to close, perhaps with just one hand and to avoid the use of a clothes peg, the temp. at the moment should be low enough for it stay closed. Also the truma control is situated under the dinette seat and at low light i have to knell down with a torch to select the desired setting, has anyone had the same problem and resighted the control, I would not at all think of disconnecting the wires,but try and use up the slack of the existing wire. any ideas,many thanks yokeljohn.

2. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

Don't you mean 'the temperature at the moment should be HIGH enough for it to stay closed'? It opens at 4ºC and will not reset until the temperature reaches 8ºC. I would be surprised if the temperature is anywhere near 8 in your van at the moment unless you have a heater running. I have just been out in mine doing some work and it's bl**dy parky!

Run the Truma for a while until the area gets hot and then it should stay closed with no problem.

3. yokeljohn

yokeljohn Read Only Funster

Many thanks Jeanluc, Yes i did mean higher, i omitted the NOT, My temperture in the van is at 7 at the moment, because i am working inside the van and on the move it does feel warmer. Would you think that the temp. sensor for the dump valve is linked to the room thermostat? or would it have its own sensor nearer the valve ? If so it would, i imagine be colder where the heater is situated Thanks yokeljohn.

4. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Run the heater on heat only (no water heating). Get the van warmed up a bit and it should stay closed then.:thumb:

5. Peter & Elaine

Peter & Elaine Funster

I have just had to do same thing 5 minuets then it locked no problem

6. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

Assuming its the earlier design auto dump valve it will sty closed if the heater is switched on. RTFI time. As for repositioning the control it should not be difficult, with the heater switched off you can safely unplug the cable from the control then you just need to decide where to site it and drill an apropriately sized hole and refit.

D.

7. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

[​IMG]