Free Member
Sep 23, 2016
Ongar essex
Funster No
MH
Low profile coachbuild
Exp
4th year
Just recently did a trip to the Lake District we stayed on right on the edge of Ullswater close to Pooley Bridge,at waterside house campsite. Thought I would share the video I made with drone hope it's a great insight to the area . My only complaint with the site was the cows mooing about 3 AM so if you do stay there don't park anywhere near the cowsheds .

Jeff and terri

Free Member
Jan 3, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Ford transit twin wheel
Exp
3 years
Great video lovely place . My daughter and grandkids stayed here a couple of months back . She made the mistake of checking in on her Facebook lol so I drove down and pitched up in the next field think it was called the Manchester field and surprised them the next morning

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Ah, cows mooing. Lovely. You can't beat the countryside. Seriously.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Wow.gif
What a fantastic video. Wish I was as clever as you. I can't even take a camcorder video without getting several minutes footage of my feet on it. (See what I did there.) For some reason the camcorders often 'off' when it's supposed to be 'on' and 'on' when it's supposed to be 'off'.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
View attachment 164129 What a fantastic video. Wish I was as clever as you. I can't even take a camcorder video without getting several minutes footage of my feet on it. (See what I did there.) For some reason the camcorders often 'off' when it's supposed to be 'on' and 'on' when it's supposed to be 'off'.

We've got hours of feet and sky as well as blank footage when the camera was left on in its bag. :LOL:

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
The video was superb, but one sure fire way of upsetting the Lakeland folks is to mispronounce their various lakes. I'll explain & stick with me here please, there's only one lake in Lakeland! Don't believe me, Google it. What there are are waters, mere's etc, so for instance there's no such place as lake Windermere, its a mere simple as that, after all you wouldn't say lake Loch Lomond would you? So your beautiful video filmed from your drone is over Ullswater, not lake Ullswater. The "Lake District" is an awesome place for a holiday, but if you don't fancy getting a flea in your ear from a disgruntled local just learn this simple lesson, now how did I learn this????? I'll let you decide lol. :whistle::swear:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We visit Ullswater often as its only an hour from home, we use a little CL that cost ÂŁ7 a night it has nothing but we love it. Also stayed in the car park of the Sun Inn

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back