Trip journal app or site - what do you recommend?

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by The Lobster, Nov 16, 2015.

1. The Lobster

The Lobster Funster

I'm a beginner - and in anticipation that we'll find lots of locations that we'll want to make a note of, I've been searching for an app or web site that might let us record this sort of thing. The nearest I've found to what I want is http://www.trip-journal.com but it's only available on iPhone or Android (we mostly use Windows Phone).

We want to take pictures, and have their GPS automatically logged, make notes etc. and rate where we've been - then be able to look back on a map of where we've been. Do you do this already? How? Thanks.

--Andrew

• Like Like x 2
  2. chaser

chaser Funster

Don't know if this is any use to you but have you looked at the one note app on Windows phone, it seems to have a travel planner built in and it fits in with one drive for photos, only a suggestion , havnt tried it(y):)

• Like Like x 1
  3. EssexBoy

EssexBoy Funster

There are lots of travel planners out there but not really one that has hit the spot yet for us motorhomers.
    Rvlog (on android) is ok but a bit clunky..

Would be interested to hear other views

4. The Lobster

The Lobster Funster

Hadn't considered OneNote - use it on desktop Windows - so I'll look at that further. RVLog seems to slightly miss the mark with its emphasis on winning "points" for logging things... whilst it would be good to share what we log, that wasn't the prime purpose. There do seem to be a lot of US-oriented RV trip planning apps, but most appear to be tailored for use only in the US and only available on iOS (presumably because that's where Apple is most popular) :(

5. ceejayt

ceejayt Funster Life Member

You might want to take a look at this review I did of RV Companion - neat app combining a number of useful features as well as being a travel journal.

C

6. The Lobster

The Lobster Funster

RV Companion has the right features.... but it appears to only have been written for iOS and I've just finally eradicated all Apple devices from the house :)

7. ceejayt

ceejayt Funster Life Member

Ah yes, you are right - iOS only.