KittyTabbert

Free Member
Oct 3, 2016
Spain
Funster No
MH
Tabbert FFB MQ705 A Class
Exp
My charger failed over Christmas so I'm looking at new ones, they seem to vary in price, I'm guessing rule of thumb you get what you pay for applies but wondered if anyone could recommend a decent charger? Many thanks

OP
OP
KittyTabbert

KittyTabbert

Free Member
Oct 3, 2016
Spain
Funster No
MH
Exp
It's the charger that takes the 240v to the leisure battery's, it's a retro fit job that I can replace for about a tenner but have been looking at these, thinking they may be better Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
KittyTabbert

KittyTabbert

Free Member
Oct 3, 2016
Spain
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm buying 2 new 110ah batterys as both of mine are at the end of life

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I’d not be happy buying the charger you referred to. Numax may be a recognisable name but, if the standard of English used in the description and confused use of units has any bearing on the quality of the product, I’d look elsewhere. I think the Numax is designed for wet (automotive) batteries, only, but it doesn’t say. For a 220Ah bank, I’d get a bigger charger than 10A.

Get a multi-stage charger with the regime for the (Wet/AGM/Gel) construction and capacity of battery bank you’re planning to get.

If you’re interested to know what the better chargers do and cost, take a look at Sterling, Victron, or Mastervolt (+ I’m sure there are others).

OP
OP
KittyTabbert

KittyTabbert

Free Member
Oct 3, 2016
Spain
Funster No
MH
Exp
That's great thanks, I will look at these. I don't want to be having to replace the charger every 5 mins or be without power as we found ourselves when this unit died!
Cheers

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
It wouldn't surprise me to find someone else saying how wonderful the Numax is. What I have given is my opinion without any direct experience of the Numax.
If weight is a problem and you can afford it, I'd consider LiFePo4 (I think that's the formula). I think the Victron units will charge them (you'd definitely need a dedicated charger). That's my plan in a few years time.

OP
OP
KittyTabbert

KittyTabbert

Free Member
Oct 3, 2016
Spain
Funster No
MH
Exp
Much appreciated, I only want to do this once, weight isn't an issue so will look into what you've suggested. Might take you up on your spare one though as funds are limited, my work dries up during the winter and we need the Moho back in use.
Regards, Daren

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
My motorcycle charger does the job very well. Reasonable prices, and multistage charging.:winky: Brilliant, say no more, know what I mean

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back