Travelworlds Carnival Weekend

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Norm, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Norm

Norm Funster

I wouldn't go if you paid me !
    When I was looking for a new A Class I was met with indifference and when I expressed disappointment I was told it was because they had already met their targets for the year !!
    I would guess their "crazy prices" relate to the stuff they can't sell. Clearly, as they've "met all targets for the year" there is unlikely to be anything of value left?
    In my experience customer satisfaction will be the last thing on offer.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Ooops post changed.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  3. jonegood

jonegood Funster

The great thing about Travelworld is that you can go and see different Motorhomes. Its not the same old collection of Autotrails and Swift products that you see in most salesrooms.

We ve always had good service from travelworld, and certainly feel like a valued customer even though we bargained really hard for our Arto.

I do know that the German Mhers cant get enough new Flairs - something like 2 years production was apparently sold at Dusseldorf show - so that the stock for the rest of europe is short. I also believe that TW bowed to pressure and sold their demos, so probably is worth giving them a call before you travel far.

They ve got a beautiful Clou there though, Im trying to persuade myself NOT to go and look at it, problem is they are only 30 minutes away from me.

http://www.motorhomes.co.uk/motorhomes-for-sale/niesmann-bischoff/clou-liner/800-ds/1608/

• Like Like x 1
  4. Detnor

Detnor Funster

Its all about different things to different people. I don't like aires, others love them. I've found Travelworld to be excellent, I would go to their weekend but there is a bigger thing on that weekend in Hartlepool....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jim

Jim Ringleader

I bought an RV from Travelworld, down the line the vehicle needed extensive and VERY expensive repairs, nothing they could have foreseen. With no quibbles, the service received was very good, the repairs were carried out to highest levels and made things better than new.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Although I've never bought from them I've always found them to be very professional and polite. Good place to visit and look at different models.
    Having said that last time there did get the hard sell salesman pitch from some cocky bugger with pointy shoes. Obviously wasted on me but he did try bless him.:)

• Like Like x 2
  7. StefAndDi

StefAndDi

That probably explains why Travelworld haven't replied to my e-mail which I sent 3 days ago.

8. canopus

canopus Funster Life Member

The Clou Liner has been sold. We went to see it and it was a lot of van but also a lot of money for a 12 year old. The one thing that scuppered it for us was that you needed an HGV licence to drive it as it weighs 8.5 ton before there is anything put in it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jonegood

jonegood Funster

I don't know whether to be dissapointed or relieved?

The 8.6t was gross. ASFAIK TW couldnt get it weighed because no-one there has got a HGV licence, I was thinking of offering to take it for them as was really wondering whether it would stand a downplate ( Licence isnt a problem but didnt fancy the lower speed limits and higher German tolls)

Ive seen and been in a few NB Clou's, the build quality is superb - very much up to a level and not down to a cost or weight. Unless they ve been really abused - the age is only an issue in terms of having a dated appearance.

• Like Like x 1
  10. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

They didn't used to bother, in fact at one time they made a point that an HGV licence wasn't required to drive over 7.5t, being a motorhome, it wasn't classed as commercial.. .. When I bought my Georgieboy from them back in 2005 that was their sales pitch..

IIRC one of Travelworlds' people was stopped and charged for not having an HGV licence and was in the process of being prosecuted, however the CPS didn't continue with it.
    I think the person involved eventually sat and passed the test for his HGV (or whatever it's called these days)

11. eddievanbitz

eddievanbitz Trader - Funster

It was Ross Edwards that was stopped

• Like Like x 3
  12. buttons

buttons Funster

I'll be happy when this show has been and gone if that monstrous yellow and blue add in the top of my screen goes with it.:whistle:

• Like Like x 1
  13. jonegood

jonegood Funster

Now thats funny :ROFLMAO:

• Like Like x 1
  14. sallylillian

sallylillian Funster Life Member

Now we know why they moved away from RV's!!

15. Mikey RV

Mikey RV Funster

Should have called it circus weekend.......run by clowns...In my opinion of course. Had bad service from them when we bought are RV

16. scotjimland

didn't know that..

I guess they also saw the writing on the wall for the gas guzzlers..

17. sallylillian

sallylillian Funster Life Member

Well thats what they told me when I was talking to them about a Flair! But they also told me other stuff that did not sustain close inspection, so who knows.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Norm

Norm Funster

Thought I explained my experience I thought I explained myself quite well!
    I have an email from them telling me that my business is "no loss" to them as they have met their targets for 2015.
    That's why I wouldn't deal with them and why I don't believe they value good customer relations!

19. scotjimland

you have, quite eloquently .. I doubt anyone disbelieves you

but several others , including myself have had a good experience .. only fair to give a balanced view ..

20. eddievanbitz

eddievanbitz Trader - Funster

They recently paid us to rectify a problem on a new van that they had supplied, a problem that they couldn't have forseen happening. No drama no quibble.

I have also bought motorhomes from them and had good service