traveling to dover (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Although the transponders are still operative you don't need them with the new system, it's all done with ANPR cameras. I guess once all the works are complete they will turn off the transponders.
How the ANPR system deals with Bulgarian and Polish trucks and cars etc. is still a mystery, my suspicion is its doesnt and they get through for free........just like we do in France....not!!
I did wonder about that as I understood it was all covered by the cameras.
However, although I only registered with DartTag the day before we went through in December, so the cameras picked us up and charged my account, I still got a package through the post with the little tags (transponders?) to fix onto the windscreen.
So, should I just bin them or stick them on the screen as instructed?
Haven't stuck them on yet as we are waiting delivery of a new van and we haven't been south in the car.

Richard.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I didn't get any transponders. I thought it was all ANPR as well.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
I didn't get any transponders. I thought it was all ANPR as well.
It is. We used to have a Dart Tag account, with a tag, but that was closed and everything transferred to a new company dealing with it. I registered the number plates of our two cars and a motorhome and now don't need to use the tag. I think you can still use them, but the first time you go through with one it records your number plate and from then on you can only use that tag with that vehicle, rather than swap about as we used to.

Frankly ANPR is so much quicker and more reliable than waving the tags about as you approached the toll station (we used it for all vehicles so never stuck it on the windscreen).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
A1/A14/M11.. for us every time we go up to Scotland.. Usually the easiest route..

Dartford crossing is easy and cheap..

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We love in Dumfries SW Scotland and we always go M6-M5-M42-M40 then round the bottom half of M25 I have always found this way a lot better for traffic and I'm sure it's only about 10miles further but at least an hour quicker. I know the Dartford crossing is expensive but can be busy at certain times of day, we did use the Toll two years ago as CC where doing it for £5

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
We have used the 25 twice in the last month and on both occasions Junctions 3 to 31 have been at a stop. We always use the anti clock route and try to travel on Sunday before 10 am

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back