trauma gas regulater warrenty

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by jgee, Jul 31, 2012.

1. jgee

jgee Read Only Funster

i have just replaced the regulater after only using one 6kg gas bottle the moterhome is only 2 years old as anyone returned them back to trauma and have they had any joy or could it still be return parts to dealer not a happy bunny

2. JeanLuc

JeanLuc Funster

Search for Truma regulator on here and you will see this is a long-standing issue (4 years or so). Good luck if you try to get a warranty replacement.

3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

good luck with that ....

its a very well known issue, but truma either refuse to accept it or blame the user for using rubber hoses etc. Nobody that I know of has ever got truma to pay out for a replacement. If your van is still under warranty, then the dealer "might possibly" replace it FOC, but dont bet on it

Best advice is to change to another manufacturers regulator as the truma one is not fit for purpose and will fail again. Bonus is that the ones from gas it are cheaper as well at under £20

4. Stewart J

Stewart J Funster

Truma did replace mine at 14 months after it started leaking. I had to post it back to them at my cost, the report did state it was so called "gummed up" but as diaphragm had failed causing it to leak gas from the yellow "tell-tale" on side of unit this was classed as a safety issue and so sent me a new unit.

In the interim as we were touring at the time the dealer we called at to purchase a new unit suggested we buy and fit a Gaslow regulator (5 year warranty, no known issues with so called gumming) which we did and are well pleased.

5. FULL TIMER

FULL TIMER Read Only Funster

I find it unbeleivable that any company could get away with producing a product that is clearly not fit for purpose and should have been scrapped years ago. When these regulators first came out there were only rubber high pressure hoses available and I believe only Truma 30mb bulkhead regulators, the fault was showing up on many 2004 model caravans when only a few months old,I now see that Truma are marketing a device/filter to stop this problem occurring with thier regulators, so not only did we have these Truma 30mb regulators forced upon us by EU ruling, they now expect us to fork out for a device to prevent a problem of thier making , now to me something stinks here and should be investigated by the caravan / motorhome industry

• Like Like x 1