fishingbob

Free Member
Mar 21, 2017
somerset
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Hi, New to this so hoping I am asking in the right place for help and advice.
I have a Comanche Auto trail 2012 with Trauma Boiler Combi 6E. In all case scenarios - electric/gas/combined or on their own with the water pump switched on or off (so its not a pump issue) the steam blows the tap fittings apart in the shower cubicle. Is this a thermostat problem and isn't there supposed to be a safety valve on the boiler itself? as this could be so dangerous when taking a shower. Any help or advice would be appreciated....p.s won't be taking a shower until its fixed :(

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Hi.. welcome ..
I think you've hit the nail on the head yourself... it sounds like the water is been overheated and there should be a pressure relief valve operating long before it does that...
Can't help with your specific boiler...
Andy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
If you are getting steam pressure, then I would say a thermostat is faulty.
You should have different heat settings for the water, 40deg C and 60 degC. At 60, the water will heat up to around 70 if you keep the boiler going and don't use the water, but it should never be hot enough to create steam at a pressure strong enough to blow taps apart.
It might be worth contacting Truma them selves, I have always found them very helpful.
http://www.trumauk.com/

Edit. There should an overheat protection device that shuts down the system if it overheats. It will include a reset button that you can operate when the system cools down.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back