• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Towbar (detachable) Swift Bessecar motorhomey (1 Viewer)

Mike24150

Free Member
Mar 18, 2015
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
8years
This is an Alko AMC 58 G-1 towbar which was factory .fitted to my Bessecar E560 motorhome, year 2007. It is straightforward to fix, with four bolts and reinforcing plates. There is also a 7 pin plug for the electrics, with the 'box' and wires to splice into the existing loom for lighting. The tow ball is a swan neck type which can be released from the main towbar frame, by twisting a knob. The unit is plated with the Alko info. Probably only for collection only, so Chester NorthWales area, on in a few weeks Cambridge

OP
OP
M

Mike24150

Free Member
Mar 18, 2015
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
8years
I'd like £100, please. I seem to remember it was close to £700 when we bought it. It is easy to fit, but the difficult bit is jacking it up to bolt it on. Two bolts each side, and that's it. The electrics are in a box labelled, to be fastened to the underfloor. Then pick up the respective leads running to the rear lights. You will need a fused feed from the battery, which can be run underfloor. It is extremely heavy, hence Collection would be more advisable. I'm on my way from France at the moment, crossing to Portsmouth tomorrow and up near Chester Monday. I'm staying there til after Easter, and then down to Cambridge for a couple of days, before returning to France via Dover. .i hope that helps and makes sense.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Mike, thanks for your reply. I've passed the info onto my friend who has a Bessecar so will let you know if he wants it.

Regards David.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Hi Mike if not sold I am interested in the towbar -I sent you a pm for some additional info

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Mike, my friend has not got back to me so feel free to do a deal with Jim.

Regards David

OP
OP
M

Mike24150

Free Member
Mar 18, 2015
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
8years
This is still available as whilst the towbar fitted the vehicle chassis, a small piece of bodywork needed to be removed on Jim's motorhome. This wasn't needed on the Bessecar we had, so it does depend on the model. Seems to fit the Swift range around 2007, ok

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Thanks to Mike for his time and to allow me to try to fit the Alko towbar.
Unfortunately although it fitted the chassis , my rear valance required some cutting out to make it fit, so we had to decline the offer.

The Towbar is still available with Mike.

Shelley73

Free Member
Apr 11, 2015
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr
Exp
Newbie-previous caravanner
Hi we have just brought that exact model of motorhome - and want a towbar - is this still available ?? My number is 07795095546 or I am happy to call you if you send through your details, I live in Cambridgeshire and have family in Essex so getting from you wouldn't be a problem

OP
OP
M

Mike24150

Free Member
Mar 18, 2015
Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
8years
The tow bar has now been sold. Thanks to those who have helped me in this little enterprise

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back