Tournai - which aire? (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Travelling to either France or Belgium later this week and going to turn left or right on arrival with no specific plans.
Just looking at Tournai as a possibility to visit and stay and then take the train to Lille for a few hours from there.
For those who’ve been recently, did you use the large park & ride parking or the 12 space aire to overnight in Tournai and any advice on any of the above?
Thanks

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Thanks for that - next time you take a drink from it will you look up and ask which aire is best? :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
I stopped in Tournai at the aire this year, great stop very close to town ,there was a fair bit of building work going on but didn't bother us
Car park with 12 spots plus electric for 10 euro ,services outside gate ,water 50l for 50 cents. Bit of faffing about to get in ,have to pay via qr code on the gate /fence and website which is ok until you get to gate and have no signal on phone ,but with her indoors's phone we got in and you need to be at the gate to see which pitches are free. Definitely recommend great place to visit.
DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG
IMG_20230626_130003.jpg

Jan 27, 2009
Leyland Lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2001
Thought I read somewhere that the grave of the unknown soldier in London was also constructed from stone from Tournai? Not sure!

May 21, 2023
Chichester, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs T7057DBL
When booking in on the app it asks you which pitch number you want and only offers available pitches in the drop down so unless someone has parked in the wrong pitch you don't actually need to be on site to book in. You can book in/reserve in advance. You get sent a qr code which you use when you turn up

You can also book in at the tourist office if no Internet.

Once booked in ehu is included and I think you also get 50l water per day as well by scanning your code.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
When booking in on the app it asks you which pitch number you want and only offers available pitches in the drop down so unless someone has parked in the wrong pitch you don't actually need to be on site to book in. You can book in/reserve in advance. You get sent a qr code which you use when you turn up

You can also book in at the tourist office if no Internet.

Once booked in ehu is included and I think you also get 50l water per day as well by scanning your code.
I was going to do that but then read reviews of people parking in the wrong bays so decided to just turn up didn't check to see if all pitches had live electric once inside, but plenty of room as there were only 3 vans on site and yes water(no limit as you scan code as many times as you want) is obtained outside with qr code and you will need a 2 way male connector..

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back