Touring Scotland

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Cliffy38, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Cliffy38

Cliffy38 Funster

hi guys just wondering have any of you done a blog when touring round Scotland , me and hubby plus 3 dogs go in two weeks time and have done no preparation at all for our trip , plus any advice would be very well received xx

2. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

its a huge country, how long are you going for?

you need to allow plenty of travelling time if you plan to go much above Perth / Trossachs, or not plan on going too far each day

There aren't many bad bits IMO, lots of areas get overlooked on the rush north, Borders and Dumfries and Galloway being the obvious

I love the north west, the further west and north the better, but it depends on what you want

Just go and make up your own trip and report back here to make us jealous :)(y)

• Like Like x 1
  3. laird of Dunstan

laird of Dunstan Funster Life Member

It's difficult in Scotland not to find amazing scenery ,as David posted there are many places to visit, there are an abundance of wild camping spots too , try to help support the local, community by buying stuff from the local shops , I like to stop and buy local produce ,some of the folks especially in the islands have a tough life , if you see a fisherman landing his catch ,ask if he has any for sale.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chockswahay

Chockswahay Funster

Here is mine from last year (it's attached at the end of my Scandinavia blog actually, but that's another story :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2