Jan 13, 2022
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
New to Motorhome, experienced caravanner 😊
Hello all,
I have spend hours recently phoning every single insurance company recommended on this forum looking for a quote for our new motorhome (Carthago Liner for Two).

My husband and I have full no claims, clean UK C1 licences and live in a low crime town. Yet I can barely get a quote out of most! I have only managed to get quotes from CAMC, Ageas, Comfort and Safeguard. Ranging between £1600 and £2000.

I obviously tried my current insurer, LV, who tell me they would just want a £15 admin fee to change vehicle for the remainder of our policy (September)!

Should I bite their hand off or be very suspicious? I did reiterate the value of the vehicle etc and they never even asked about security 🤔

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Yes I would take that no question! It's been mentioned more than once on here that many companies don't even give you a refund on the outstanding time on your existing insurance so you will probably lose that remaining six months anyway. Come August you can see what the renewal is with LV and then go compare.

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Bite their hand off the LV policy is market value to replace, £200 excess if not using their repairer, £95 excess for windscreen or £20 for a chip no tracker or alarm needed and lower excess

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
Hello all,
I have spend hours recently phoning every single insurance company recommended on this forum looking for a quote for our new motorhome (Carthago Liner for Two).

My husband and I have full no claims, clean UK C1 licences and live in a low crime town. Yet I can barely get a quote out of most! I have only managed to get quotes from CAMC, Ageas, Comfort and Safeguard. Ranging between £1600 and £2000.

I obviously tried my current insurer, LV, who tell me they would just want a £15 admin fee to change vehicle for the remainder of our policy (September)!

Should I bite their hand off or be very suspicious? I did reiterate the value of the vehicle etc and they never even asked about security 🤔

All the call should be recorded so you should in theory have some comeback in the event they try to refuse a claim but to be honest I would ring them back and ask if that is definitely all that they want to cover a much more expensive vehicle.

And if poss try to get something in writing via email.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
Yes bite their hand off...and then check over the details they send carefully.

Feb 20, 2023
South Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago E line 50 D
Exp
Hello all,

Yes,
I have just renewed with LV after reading all the small print and asking loads of questions.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
stay with LV= I’ve just had our Panda written off and needed it replaced before we leave on our annual trip to EU for three months taking the car .
it took ten days from claim to a replacement car no hassle over anything a great service😊👍

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Hello all,

Why would you want to move Insurers when you have 7 months left on your existing policy. LV are not interested in security, They need to know what valuation you place on the MH to ensure they are collecting a reasonable premium but they are really only interested in the valuation at point of claim. Stay with them until Renewal and research then.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back