Toad Insurance

Discussion in 'Motorhome Insurance General Discussion' started by oldfozzie, Apr 25, 2014.

1. oldfozzie

oldfozzie Funster

This has probably been discussed before but I'm obviously not thinking of the right words for the search box.:Blush:
    I plan to put my Aygo on a trailer and take it with me when we go travelling, I have asked my car insurers and they tell me the car is not covered for damage when it is on a trailer; my MH insurers tell me the trailer is covered but not the load.
    I am sure one of you has come up with a sensible answer as I am surely not the first to run into this problem, I don't really want to change insurers if I can help it.

2. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

I first insured my Peugeot 107 with NFU who did cover fully comp when being towed but they were a bit expensive so this year have insured with AA who also confirmed fully comp when being towed.

3. icantremember

icantremember Funster

I have all three of my vehicles insured on the same policy with NFU .... They seem to know what they are talking about:thumb:

4. oldfozzie

oldfozzie Funster

Not Sure

When I asked the AA they told me the towed car was covered if at least 2 of the wheels were on the road, i.e. on a towing dolly or A-frame but not on a trailer