tips for long road trip with small kids! (1 Viewer)

Jul 11, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Concorde Compact
Exp
Since I was 18.... 1996....
image.jpg
Hi,

Just relax and enjoy it !

Don't plan too much and be flexible. You know your kids , so be guided by what you know of them.

Bribery never hurts. On our long holidays we promise a treat like a water park , Euro Disney , etc.

We have the table up ( probably a health and safety nightmare) and Teagan does art colouring and a journal. As well as DVDs kindle iPod. She has her own chargers and charging points.

We get her to collect stuff like leaflets nice stones etc for her journal ,and alł three of us can do it and be involved
image.jpg

Daniel

OP
OP
Tom Lurk

Tom Lurk

Free Member
May 12, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autostratus CK
Exp
since 2011
haha! love the travelling companion :D

great idea about the journal/collecting things, thanks Daniel!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
anymore tips along the lines of the endless breeze fan (is there a cheaper alternative?) and the lidded buckets ideas gratefully welcomed!

Ref the fan.. Have a look at the Roadpro website.. Saw something on there a few days ago about £25 (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Ref the fan.. Have a look at the Roadpro website.. Saw something on there a few days ago about £25 (y)
whatever you buy.. don't buy this one..

I bought it to fit above the fixed bed... big mistake..

it looks cool.. it blows cool.. but far too noisy .. no way could you sleep with it blowing .. more suited to a truck cab

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
whatever you buy.. don't buy this one..

I bought it to fit above the fixed bed... big mistake..

it looks cool.. it blows cool.. but far too noisy .. no way could you sleep with it blowing .. more suited to a truck cab

:) Cant beat straight from the users mouth....
I have no experience of them but saw ref to the Endless breeze and was just searching for 12v fans when i found that one.
Guess you do get what you pay for...... Cheers Jim.

Jul 11, 2009
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Concorde Compact
Exp
Since I was 18.... 1996....
Yes it took us an age to eat it. picked up form a roadside stall she spotted in Croatia last summer.....

For fans we have a couple of these :

Amazon product ASIN B01BV8WTK8
Quiet at night, gentle breeze. For driving we have a nosier bigger one, although our new van has air con ! So hopefully wont need as much.

Daniel.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Guess you do get what you pay for...... Cheers Jim.

Oh yes, as last Thu in Morrisons..... "How much !!" for a neat little USB fan, £3, toss one in basket, it was a hot day. Back in van plug in, turn neat little switch on, quite as a quiet thing. But the puff ran out at 6 inches. Useless held in hand.

Still I paid only for the neat little switch or the USB cable or the quiet little motor. Got what I paid for. How can they make them to sell at that price ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back