THIS week I bought (9 Viewers)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Some antifreeze for the Alde wet heating system.
Previos owner only used water and it had a slight leak so nowt but water in it......and loads of corrosion/scale due to no inhibitor.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I am going to regret this. but when I changed the seals I wore rubber gloves. and I washed after wards. after taking the gloves of :devil::clap::pinocchio:
Did the seal object to being washed? They have pretty sharp teeth? Had one hell of a job persuading the seal to fit on top of the awning and now everything smells of fish.......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Think I'm having a big spend week. As well as the endless breeze fan, I've now gone and bought a Mercedes Sprinter based Autosleeper Suffolk coach built MH. Oops - I'm not safe to be let out with money lol
Good choice - I really liked our A/S (y)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
a dol starter and a retractable air line ive finally after 20 years got a compressor that works everytime and im no longer tangled in air line

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
And the best bit a Grill to toast bread on a gas ring, just tried it and brilliant!! A strong recommend for the Highlander Folding Grill, now should not have to use a toaster and inverter just to get toast.
- Amazon product ASIN B004VW0Y1S
Thanks for that great tip.

Bought it Saturday at 10:45am via Amazon Prime. Arrived at 12:30 on Sunday. tried it straight away in the motorhome and I am well impressed. Produced great toast very quickly. Didn't think something so simple could do that. So we can have toast for breakfast without an EHU. :D:D Wife especially happy now.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks for that great tip.

Bought it Saturday at 10:45am via Amazon Prime. Arrived at 12:30 on Sunday. tried it straight away in the motorhome and I am well impressed. Produced great toast very quickly. Didn't think something so simple could do that. So we can have toast for breakfast without an EHU. :D:D Wife especially happy now.

Great for testing smoke alarm as well.

Martin

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Great for testing smoke alarm as well.

Martin
You are so bloody right!!!

Ended up moving the alarm further away from the kitchen. Fortunately I had only fixed it with sticky pads. But worth it for the luxury of toast when not hooked up (most of the time). Methinks we need to get some more beans in. :D Then we can start another gassing thread.

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
A chainsaw sharpening tool for my dremel, now lets see if I can sharpen the chain without ruining it :unsure:
Also treat myself to a new pocket knife
Broken Link Removed
always have a pocket / pen knife in my pocket and my old swiss army one has seen better days, I have a couple of lock knives, but the legality of lock knives is questionable.

Jan 12, 2011
West sussex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 06
A hyundai jet washer, and what a piece of kit it is, just done front drive , if you need a jet washer this is the one for you. Dennis

Scattycat

Free Member
Jan 3, 2013
Mayenne, France
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Although we have a good alarm system fitted in our van one problem we have is when the outer screen cover is put on the flashing light that indicates to the outside world that we have an alarm and it is enabled is hidden by the cover.
So, this week I have bought and fitted an auxillary flashing light that comes on when the engine is turned off whether the vehicle alarm is activated or not. I'm also going to fit an override switch so that I can turn the auxillary light off when appropriate.
A cheap as chips fix for piece of mind, less than a fiver.
I might even put one o n our other vehicles.
A bit of a phaff sorting out the wireing but worth it in my opinion

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Taylor made external screens . I spoke to a very grumpy man at malvern . So checked other firms they quoted me approx £60 dearer . I called taylor made again what a difference I spoke to a lovely lady who was so nice it was a pleasure to talk to her .blinds £60 cheaper
so ordered. should be here to morrow.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Not Motorhome related but I bought a DNA testing kit from Ancestry as a bit of fun, it will be a nice surprise to see if my ancestors do come from the Venice region as they keep telling me every time I visit there. (y)

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I've just bought this travel safe
Broken Link Removed

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
Taylor made external screens . I spoke to a very grumpy man at malvern . So checked other firms they quoted me approx £60 dearer . I called taylor made again what a difference I spoke to a lovely lady who was so nice it was a pleasure to talk to her .blinds £60 cheaper
so ordered. should be here to morrow.
Screens arrived today excellent quality very pleased with prompt service can recommend this company.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
This weekend we bought a bungalow, (we hope)!

Due to mobility problems my wife can no longer manage stairs easily so we are having to move house.

Waiting to see if all searches, surveys etc go through is going to lead to an anxious few weeks. Thank God for the M/H! A few days away at times of stress will help.

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
I bought Waste Tank cleaner fluid, a 3" Dump hose connector, a new Water Pump and a blown air heating outlet
Just got to fit them now... :LOL:

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
We just brought a spare toilet cassette for £84 delivered for the longer stays away when cant empty. The actual kit is a freshen up kit including new seat covers (dont need these as Van is new anyway) as well as some cleaning fluids. Cant believe the difference in price that these sell for, most companies do these for around £130 which is very high compared to the price we paid. Pays to shop around, we got ours from Jackson Leisure with next day delivery, this was for the new C250/C260 type with wheels.

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
i bought a new toilet seat for the bus. lowest quote was £90 from states, got it by buying it for a boat, same model etc, for £60.
so thats £30 to spend on beer,lol

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
I bought Waste Tank cleaner fluid, a 3" Dump hose connector, a new Water Pump and a blown air heating outlet
Just got to fit them now... :LOL:
I bought some waste tank cleaning fluid 2ltrs of coke cheepo (not diet) from tescos on the way to Malvern poured down kitchen sink, shower & bathroom sink. By the time we reached Malvern it had cleaned the waste tank totally. Still clean and no smells. Total cost just under £1

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Just bought All the Aires for Spain and Portugal with the hope of traveling there during February and March next year. (y)

Ours came today too, will be leaving for Benidorm in exactly 4 weeks today.

John.

OP
OP
Techno

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I bought this safe and will look at fitting it tomorrow.
Broken Link Removed

I have fitted a better seat swivel than the Rapido offering and I think I can fit it to that under my seat

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I bought this safe and will look at fitting it tomorrow.
The best 'security' is something that you will use & becomes 2nd nature... So is an under seat safe an easy access location you will always stash your valuables in, even during a quick dash into the supermarket...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back