LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
This afternoon I agreed in principle to buy one of these, subject to seeing and test-driving it (although I have driven an otherwise identical saloon version) because it is at another branch of the same dealer:

2762E205-A86C-4060-BFE7-F6410EB8E203.jpeg

It’s pre-registered (registered at the end of August) with 150 miles on the clock and haggled £18000 off list, which enabled me to get the three litre 6 cylinder version
:xsmile: which I certainly couldn’t afford new. As it’s a diesel, I’m going to have it on PCP so BMW can keep the depreciation risk in case the World turns against diesels in the next three or four years.

It’s an estate version in black, so I may do a few funerals on the side :xgrin:

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Bought this to be able to cook smelly things outside the van. We already have a Weber but it's a bit heavy and a pain to clean. This came today and although it's not that lovely shade of green (it's black) looks a great bit of kit for a very low price. Haven't used it yet though.
Amazon product ASIN B005LVFEWW

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Bought this to be able to cook smelly things outside the van. We already have a Weber but it's a bit heavy and a pain to clean. This came today and although it's not that lovely shade of green (it's black) looks a great bit of kit for a very low price. Haven't used it yet though.

That’s exactly what we use it for.... we cook the eggs bacon and sausages on it out under the awning :xThumb:...

I find that it can blow out if windy so I use the case it comes in as a wind shield.....

It heats up very well and one cylinder last a long time...

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
This week I bought a very expensive piece of plastic and a reasonably priced Sterling B2B charger. The plastic is fitted now, but having doubts about fitting the B2B with a EBL99 as standard.
IMG_20171215_220842.jpg

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
This afternoon I agreed in principle to buy one of these, subject to seeing and test-driving it (although I have driven an otherwise identical saloon version) because it is at another branch of the same dealer:

View attachment 202065

It’s pre-registered (registered at the end of August) with 150 miles on the clock and haggled £18000 off list, which enabled me to get the three litre 6 cylinder version
:xsmile: which I certainly couldn’t afford new. As it’s a diesel, I’m going to have it on PCP so BMW can keep the depreciation risk in case the World turns against diesels in the next three or four years.

It’s an estate version in black, so I may do a few funerals on the side :xgrin:
Is that the top of the range one with indicators? Or the lower spec one without?:xThumb:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Is that the top of the range one with indicators? Or the lower spec one without?:xThumb:
I come across a lot of the lower spec ones on the roads, during my travels. It's very surprising just how many lower spec models are about........................especially from "prestigious" manufacturers. :xlaugh:

Cheers,

Jock. :xsmile:

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011

The one I’m after has a very high specification, with three option packages. I certainly wouldn’t buy it as a new car (even if I could) but as a pre-registered one with delivery mileage only and £18000 off the list price (£15000 below the What Car target price) I’m a happy bunny :xgrin:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I've 2 off these I use to cook my tatties etc on when having a Barbie outside.

Hate to say Amazon ripped you off though I only paid a tenner for each of mine

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
The higher spec one has automatically cancelling indicators so turns them off if an inexperienced driver accidentally turns them on(y)

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning

I rely on Amazon a lot given that we live in the sticks. I was happy with the price especially as it came with 8 cans of gas and free delivery. Would have cost me more than £8 in petrol and parking if I'd have gone to the shops for it.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I rely on Amazon a lot given that we live in the sticks. I was happy with the price especially as it came with 8 cans of gas and free delivery. Would have cost me more than £8 in petrol and parking if I'd have gone to the shops for it.
That makes all the difference if it came with gas ...then that price is a bargain

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

That was my initial reaction but I then realised there were 8 gas canisters included which usually sell for around £1 each or more, so in effect the Dude's only paid 84p for delivery - bargain!

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
That was my initial reaction but I then realised there were 8 gas canisters included which usually sell for around £1 each or more, so in effect the Dude's only paid 84p for delivery - bargain!
Yeah I confess I didn't click on the Amazon link and thought it was just for the cooker

With the gas it's a really good price.....in fact the cooker is probably free when you consider the postage.

It's such a bargain I now feel I'm missing out but I don't need 3 :D

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Some of them also come with land and title

Including the m6, m5, m25, a1....etc
But only the lane nearest the central reservation. We less important drivers are allowed to use the other lanes

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Yeah I confess I didn't click on the Amazon link and thought it was just for the cooker

With the gas it's a really good price.....in fact the cooker is probably free when you consider the postage.

It's such a bargain I now feel I'm missing out but I don't need 3 :D
I'd better not tell you how much I pay at car boot sale then for the stoves ... as for the gas I saw some the other week at 50p a canister and because I bought the lot I got them even cheaper - about 30p a canister from memory! Should keep us going for a loooooooooooooonnnnnngggg time! :D

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I'd better not tell you how much I pay at car boot sale then for the stoves ... as for the gas I saw some the other week at 50p a canister and because I bought the lot I got them even cheaper - about 30p a canister from memory! Should keep us going for a loooooooooooooonnnnnngggg time! :D
I've about 15 in the mh garage .....between that and the fuel can and the scooter

I'm driving a bloody bomb :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
... MIGHT be buying something tomorrow ... anyone want to guess what? :xgrin:

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tesco have Christmas toilet rolls with pretty pictures on... 5p a sheet. :)
I'm still using my Teresa may roll

Then I've a borris one and 2 rolls of trump

I guess I'll go through them quicker now as I can't save my number 2's for the works cazzy anymore

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
This little beasty at 13e is a clock, temperature gauge inside and outside, alarm clock and reports the voltage of the battery has choice of blue or red back light. Mines fastened to the leisure battery so I can keep an eye on the charge level, positioned at the foot of the bed so when 'er indoors wakes during the night she knows what time it is. If I'm still asleep then its too bloody early.
Amazon product ASIN B01N2QGNZG

Louis

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 29, 2016
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auotrail
Exp
6 Months with motorhome(35 years tugging)
This little beasty at 13e is a clock, temperature gauge inside and outside, alarm clock and reports the voltage of the battery has choice of blue or red back light. Mines fastened to the leisure battery so I can keep an eye on the charge level, positioned at the foot of the bed so when 'er indoors wakes during the night she knows what time it is. If I'm still asleep then its too bloody early.
Amazon product ASIN B01N2QGNZG
Is the temperature gauge to see if missus is hot enough ?:D2

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
... more knickers! :xgrin:

MrsMac59

Free Member
Mar 18, 2017
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New owner
Photos please when finished ! Sounds good!
Well, it's been a while (and a whole other story), but I've finally managed to tame my lovely sewing machine and created these in the past week or two. I have to stop now though, as I've run out of cushion pads.

Attachments

• IMG_20171220_154325.jpg
    IMG_20171220_154325.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 59

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread