Third leak - shower tap

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by gordoncbrown, Mar 28, 2012.

1. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

Well they say things come in threes. First the sink tap,last year, then the radiator,Saturday , now the shower tap. It looks like the hose from the cold water feed for the tap has come out of the underside of the assembly. I have tried to push it back in but no joy. It does go in so far but not all the way ( compared to hot hose) I believe it is a reich. The big question is do I need the complete tap, just the body or will this bit push back in with a bit more persuasion? Heading home today but away again next Thursday . All answers appreciated, within reason. Dealers feel free to try and sell me a tap. I would need quick delivery though.:cry::cry:

Gordon

2. Snitrats

Snitrats Funster

If its like ours which blew out last year, there a groove in the pipe coupling that is locked in by a cross pin. I managed to lock a pair of molegrips onto the coupling and force it back in with brute force,worth a go before you lash out on a new tap:thumb:

3. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi Gordon,

By all means give Glenn or Ian a ring on 01-580-883061 and pick their brains, they may know the answer

Peter

4. gordoncbrown

gordoncbrown Funster

Thanks to both of you. I just got home just now ( well 45 minutes ago ) into the shed for the big spanners to get the retaining nut off. Couldn't get them in. Down to brute force and got it off by hand. Spotted a pin, pushed it out, hose back in , pin back in. water on and so far it looks ok.
    If I couldn't see what to do I'd have been on here before ordering one. Many thanks. It's gresat to think that whatever happens someone on here has the answer.:Smile::Smile::Smile: