thinking of downsizing are van

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Hayleylulu, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

we are thing of getting a 2 berth trigano fiat tribute 650. anyone got any advice on them and wot to look out foure

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Hiya Lynne, I suggest you look out for a 2 BERTH as a 2 birth could have a few unwanted stretch marks, hee hee good luck with your search.

3. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

4. activecampers

activecampers Read Only Funster

Depends what you want.

I have a Horizons Unlimited Cavarno 2 at <5m long; though they are launching a longer version in the next week or two.

My parents just bought a Tribby 650 at 6m long.

To be honest., their tribby isn't bad at all, but the chassis (Fiat vs Ford) isn't as good; nor is the build quality compared to the cavarno. For instance, the doors flex; thinner wood; screw heads covered with cheap plastic; "quick n cheap" fixes in complex areas rather than good carpentry. Also it lacks insulation and has a MDF/cheap ply feel.

THAT SAID - for the price they got it for its quite a neat van. If you aren't wild camping in the alps or going over really bumpy roads, and are happy with a bit of DIY maintenance then its perfect. (Hence good for the parents)

But like a lot of mainstream bulk built vans, they are built to a budget and it does show in places.

Reasonable value for money. Take a look at WELCOME TO TRIBBY.CO.UK - The FREE Forum website that is dedicated to owners of the Tribute Motorhome, Motorhomes, Motorhome Information, Motorhomes Reviews, Motorhome Forum, Sales, Campsites, Motorhome Information for a dedicated forum.

5. dshague

dshague Funster

when looking at panel vans this year ,found the swift mondial beter built than tribs .:thumb:

6. Neckender

Neckender Funster

Tribs are a lot cheaper though and you get hell of a lot for your money. On our 650 Tribute you get full size fridge, a very large freezer unit, decent shower room, cruise control, cab blinds, alloy wheels, oven with rottiserie. I could go on.The double bed takes a while to sort out for the first time, but all in all a brill vehicle for the money.

John.

[​IMG][/IMG]

7. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

Hi Hayley.

I have a 2007 Trigano Tribute but your a bit far away from us but your welcome to pick Andy's brains about it on the phone. Interior shots better in real life!

Peter

Fiat Ducato 2287cc Turbo Diesel ManualLength: 19' 8" (5.995m)Layout: End Washroom / KitchenHeight: 8' 4" (2.53m)Berths: Two BerthMileage: 13400Specification: This 2007 Trigano Tribute has a Mains Electrics and Gas powered Boiler, an electric flush Cassette toilet, separate Shower, On board fresh and waste water tanks, 240v Mains electric input, all round Blinds & flyscreens including the cab, Bike rack, Blown air heating and an External awning ete etc.