Free Member
Feb 23, 2012
west midlands
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
im a newbie
Hi, can anyone please point me in the right direction? i'm looking to buy my first motorhome (used). i'm looking for a 6 berth that looks spacey inside as i have 2 boxer dogs, and a 16 year old lad and his girlfriend oh and my wife,lol. but im restricted to 3500 kg. plus i only have space for 18 to 20 feet on my drive.(asking a lot i know) but any suggestions would be great. i live in west midlands, so if you know of any places for me to look,that would also be great, thanks!:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome your on the right road by joining here i do think the length will be a problem though (where have you heard that before):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I cant think of anything that fits ALL your criteria, as the length limits you drastically. A pretty standard double dinette layout gives 5 berth, with a double bed over the cab, adouble bed made from the dinette seats and a narrow single from the bench seat, Its not what I would call spacious though but does meet your length needs

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Iggy

I think one of the major problems will be payload - just the weight of carrying 2 adults, 2 teens, and 2 boxers will probably equate to at least 350kg, and trying to find a 6 berth with a payload big enough is going to be fun!

It might help to give an idea of your budget and if there are any large items you would want to take with you on holiday to give a more realistic payload requirement and therefore give more constructive responses.

Upvote 0

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Hi iggy when I was young and was limited to spce and weight I used an Awning for the dogs at night which gave us room in the motorhme at night.......your big problem is possibly going to be weight......Is the lmitation to 3.5 ton because of the licence you hold if so it may be worth considering doing a Cat C forget C1 as the cost of obtaining the licence is the same and you will get two for the price of one......that will open many more doors within your length restrictiongiving more pay load.

Oh and welcome to the forum :flyingwelcome:

All the best Rick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Perhaps an old Hymer with a drop down bed at the front, and they can come up a bit shorter, plus the A class gives a feeling of more space,

s

Upvote 0
S

stagman

Deleted User
Hi, can anyone please point me in the right direction? i'm looking to buy my first motorhome (used). i'm looking for a 6 berth that looks spacey inside as i have 2 boxer dogs, and a 16 year old lad and his girlfriend oh and my wife,lol. but im restricted to 3500 kg. plus i only have space for 18 to 20 feet on my drive.(asking a lot i know) but any suggestions would be great. i live in west midlands, so if you know of any places for me to look,that would also be great, thanks!:thumb:

I would also suggest an A Class , Hymer ,Pilote , others out there perhaps someone can help :thumb:

Upvote 0

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I think with the weight restriction, you might find yourself doing quite a bit of searching! If you bear in mind that a 5 berth 20ft size of van comes in at around 3.4t - this doesn't mean there isn't one out there.....but you do have to consider what you wish to carry - and the weight of occupants!

The way out of it, would be either an awning of reasonable size - though many sites will charge for it, or if you are paying the extra space/pitch would be to tow a trailer tent behind for extra space/put the kids in.

The globebus a class from dethleffs does offer the most room for weight so it may be worth looking in that direction - the weigh up around 3.4, but have quite a bit of room for a 20ft vehicle. This with an awning may be a solution, but still do the maths on the weight!:thumb:

Upvote 0

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i personally think you will struggle to find a useable 6 berth under 3500kg
many 4 berth vans are bordering on that weight add to that all the extra food, clothing, bedding, required and you can be well over.

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi and welcome :thumb: why 6 berth when there is only 4 ?Have a look at old Hymers and Eldiss though a 6 b Eldiss may be over your 20 ft -check out most older A class as these will be shorter-loads on Auto Trader and ebay.If possible do your homework on prices well,if not do not be afraid to ask what people think on here - bargain or not so :winky:
terry

Upvote 0

ciderman

Free Member
Jul 2, 2011
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer 754
Exp
4 years old

Reallistically, how much longer do you think your 16 year old lad and girlfriend will want to take their hols with you ( especially is there's chance of spending time in an empty house :Eeek:) ?
Maria

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back