Things that go bump in the night? (1 Viewer)

jacks girls

Free Member
Feb 12, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm new
Just back from our first 5 nights in the motorhome , finding out how everything works and have one problem. It is an Elddis Autoquest 180 with a dinette area which makes a double bed, the instructions in the handbook say to pull out the bed slats to make up the bed, have tried pulling all the slats but they don't move (and if they did the seat area would collapse), so the table looks the right size to fit between the seats to make the bed however it is not a good fit and has collapsed every night (sometimes more than once)::Eeek:has anyone got this model, should we use the table or is there something missing from ours?
Hoping for help towards a full nights sleep:thumb:

happypre65

Free Member
Nov 12, 2010
Funster No
things that go bump in the night

Hi,Just had a word with the wife,shea the tecnical one,the answer we think is on the elddis we had the slats would get stuck,and we had to lift a certain way to pull them out,but also says the table also fits some models but you have to make sute you get it on right,sorry i cant be sure as the models vary,the only thing i remember is a mate of mine used to put a table in the middle of his and his wife often fell out of bed,when he sold it the guy looking at it pulled the slats out and said nice bed,my mate had made do for 3 years,and did not know the slats pulled out regards H::bigsmile:.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
You don't give the age of your Autoquest but if it is around 10 years old the arrangement may be as in our previous Autoquest 100. As happypre65 says, the slats can stick, the secret is to keep them straight and pull them out gently.

See Here for how we made up the bed in our van (with pictures).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jacks girls

jacks girls

Free Member
Feb 12, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm new
Thanks for your help, the motorhome is new and we are off again so have a few more nights to try and fix it. The slats under the seats definitely don't move, had another good try at them so I think it should be the table and its just a bad fit I was just hoping there was an easy solution but it will probably need another strip of wood added to the seat base, will get on to the dealer when the holidays are over. Thanks again,
Alison

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I dont know the layout of your van so i'm guessing here.

is there a wooden box attached to the wall between the dinette seat bases, the top of which is level with the seat bases and maybe 6" deep?

if so does the top lift up/off ?

if so then the centre lathes are inside the box, they are held together by tapes forming a sort of rope ladder, and they pull out between the seat bases sitting on the wood 'runners' at the front edge of each seat base.

the wooden end panel of each seat should also pull out by around a foot or so making the length needed for the bed..

Last edited:
OP
OP
jacks girls

jacks girls

Free Member
Feb 12, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I'm new
Thanks, but no boxes, will put extra cushions under the table and hope it stays in place.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Having looked at the floor plan on the Eldiss site, it looks like it has a U shaped lounge with a cupboard at the end.. The bottom of that is usually the place the slats are stored ..

If that is the same as yours, remove the drawer and you should be able to fish around in side and release the slats.

If the table top idea is not a good fit your risking damaging both it and the parts you are resting it on.. Be a shame to mark up the parts of your beautiful new van :whatthe:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back