Thetford Toilet wont suck water (1 Viewer)

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
The Thetford toilet suddenly has stopped refilling the cistern after working well, I have undone the plunger system and checked the rubber connections all fit well and are secure, if I fill by hand the back system it will pump water fine into the waste cassette as soon as that cistern is empty it stops pumping water into the toilet, have double checked every connection, cant find the answer and yes I am full to the brim with water, I cant understand what is going wrong anyone have a Idea,

Thanks in advance

Crabs

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I think you will find there is not a cistern which refills itself but a dedicated flush water tank that has to be filled by you!
Unless of course you have a system which pumps directly from your fresh water tank.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Your mention of "back system" indicates that Brian is probably right. If you have this sort of arrangement he is definitely right :)
freshfill.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
crabman

crabman

Free Member
Mar 31, 2016
Anglesey Wales
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
you are both right, and it is fixed there was a blockage in the fill inlet, I could not see it, this time I used a torch and could see it clear as day lol, just cleared it away and it working fine, I got to go to Specsavers :D:D, thanks for your replies, now all I need is psychiatric appointment cos I was going off my head trying to work out why it would not fill ;)

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
you are both right, and it is fixed there was a blockage in the fill inlet, I could not see it, this time I used a torch and could see it clear as day lol, just cleared it away and it working fine, I got to go to Specsavers :D:D, thanks for your replies, now all I need is psychiatric appointment cos I was going off my head trying to work out why it would not fill ;)
That's great, well done ... you are now flushed with success!(y)

Astro

Free Member
Jul 17, 2016
North Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago I143
Exp
I'm keeping that. It'll be handy even if I never use it.

Glad you sorted it, as it was sure to send you round the bend ;-)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back