There's always a silver lining....

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jeannette van den Oever, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Jeannette van den Oever

Jeannette van den Oever Read Only Funster

So, husband and I picked up our new van on Friday without incident. He drove like a pro and seemed very calm and collected in front of me on the drive home. I, on the other hand had to remember how to breathe for a couple of miles, watching him negotiate some vicious s-bends and squeeze past parked vehicles before we made it to the A120/M11. I may have left a few nail marks in the M5's steering wheel. :oops:

Started packing yesterday and husband discovered some enormous underfloor storage spaces, one of which is near the top of the steps. Very handy - just remember to 'put the lid back on' before your other half unsuspectingly walks into the van with bedding up to her chin and steps into said hole! :rolleyes:
    Sense of humour test number 1 passed with flying colours (probably cos he didn't see it and laugh).

Inside of van looks stunning. Very pleased with the cream leather/oak effect wood combo. We chose the leather specifically with the kids in mind as it's easier to clean. Didn't expect to put this to the test quite so soon though. Unfortunately husband decided to throw a sleeping bag into the luton bed. It hit the central roof light, bounced on the table and smashed our celebratory glasses of wine and beer. Definitely had a sense of humour wobble at this point, but to be fair it wasn't too hard to rectify (no carpets down, phew!) and he did do most of the clearing up. (y)

So what was the silver lining you ask? Well, after pulling all the seat cushions off to check for broken glass/alcohol residue, we found lots MORE storage under the benches that we didn't know we had! :D

• Like Like x 6
  2. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

Sounds great, but also looks like you didn't get a very good hand over from the dealer!!

Enjoy your new toy :)(y)

• Like Like x 4
  3. Jeannette van den Oever

They were pointed out, but I suppose he didn't think we'd want to look into large holes!

• Like Like x 3
  4. TheTwoOfUs

TheTwoOfUs Funster

And remember, every cubby hole you fill is adding weight. I know, we are experts at filling lockers.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Geordies

Geordies Funster

True, fill the lockers with Brown Ale on the way out and fill 'em up with wine on the way back !

• Like Like x 3
  6. Jeannette van den Oever

1200 kg payload. (y) That's a lot of vino!

• Like Like x 2
  7. wasp

wasp Funster

Blimey is that a Motorhome or a furniture removals van lol:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:ENJOY

• Like Like x 2
  8. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

Put the carpets away under a spare bed in the house and forget about them until you sell the van!

Its a vital tip unless you like extra housework on holidays!

• Like Like x 5
  9. Baycott

Baycott Funster

Sounds as though your van has had a great christening (y)(y)
    I'm sure you will get used to driving it :Eeek:

Enjoy it and don't get the wine/beer out untill everything else is put away next time :cheers:

• Like Like x 2
  10. lorger

lorger Funster

Sound like your all excited and can't wait to head off, some photos would be nice to see that lovely interior before the kids attack it

• Like Like x 2
  11. Ralph-n-Bev

Ralph-n-Bev Funster

Wow Loads of payload! What MH is it ?
    But As you say you've loads of kids and all the paraphernalia that goes with them. Your first trip out will be a great experience , I'm sure. Enjoy your new van, and all the holidays you'll have together in it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Jeannette van den Oever

Loooong day of packing today - seems to be 6 of everything, lol! Will post some pics tomorrow. :)
    The Germans certainly know how to build a quality van - pipe work and wiring all tidy, not eating into usable space.
    Almost ready for our first stop, chez Eddie. :D

• Like Like x 1