Rally The Yorkshire Wartime Experience 8th 9th 10th July (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
anybody want to put up idea's for the weekend,
ie jacobs table,(wartime theme), best funsters military dress, or evening dress for the dance???????????

A few dressed up last year, we will be dressing up this year if i can get Amanda out of her carkie clothes for the dance lol.
There are loads of clothes vintage stalls with some fantastic outfits and bargains loads of military stalls very reasonably priced . For the girls there were some beautiful dresses for sale . I am already searching the charity shops as well.
Like the idea of a Jacobs wartime table theme :) dripping sandwich comes to mind lol and also best Funster military/ evening dress :)
BUT we will have Funster 2016 bacon butties not wartime rations lol[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
This meet is filling up quite nicely 18 Funster's to date :) Attendee's so far

1. @Ambilkate / tickets arrived /dance confirmed 3
2. @Jimbohorlicks tickets sent for / dance
3. @daveandsan /tickets arrived /dance confirmed 2
4. @joca /tickets arrived /dance confirmed 2
5. @archie2000
6. @gloworm /tickets arrived/ dance confirmed 2
7. @laird of Dunstan /tickets arrived / dance confirmed 2
8. @Al-Di /tickets arrived /dance confirmed 2
9. @quickweh /tickets arrived / dance confirmed 2
10. @DLT
11 @hoot007.
12. @Clive /Tickets arrived /dance confirmed 2
13. @roncab
14. @Suzton
15. @irnbru
16. @rupert
17. @nomadic /tickets sent for /dance
18.@Donald Watson
Can you please let me know when you send and receive your tickets please and alsso if you have booked dance tickets to thankyou .
You have till the middle of June to to send for your tickets but it does state on website limited space available . I know there are lots of changes to the site this year so not sure about the camping side of things . So don't be disappointed i wouldn't leave it to late to send for your tickets.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
Hi Kate, can you take me off the list please. I was due to call in at Wakefield on the way up, but family tell me they are now coming down south for a week and will be staying at my house. Apologies, was looking forward to it.

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Booking form printed,filled in,camping plus dance tickets and to be posted today , (steamed off some unused stamps):whistle:
Brilliant ,list amended :) Kate xxx
Tickets have arrived (y)
Thankyou for letting me know I kave amended the list xxx Kate
Hi Kate, can you take me off the list please. I was due to call in at Wakefield on the way up, but family tell me they are now coming down south for a week and will be staying at my house. Apologies, was looking forward to it.
:( shame was looking forward to you coming perhaps next year ??? Taken you of the list x Kate

ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED IN COMING ALONG :) ITS A BRILLIANT LONG WEEKEND

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
This meet is filling up quite nicely 17 Funster's to date :)
Attendee's so far

1. @Ambilkate / tickets arrived /dance confirmed 3
2. @Jimbohorlicks tickets sent for / dance
3. @daveandsan /tickets arrived /dance confirmed 2
4. @joca /tickets arrived /dance confirmed 2
5. @archie2000
6. @gloworm /tickets arrived/ dance confirmed 2
7. @laird of Dunstan /tickets arrived / dance confirmed 2
8. @Al-Di /tickets arrived /dance confirmed 2
9. @quickweh /tickets arrived / dance confirmed 2
10. @DLT tickets sent for
11 @hoot007.
12. @Clive /Tickets arrived /dance confirmed 2
13. @roncab
14. @Suzton
15. @irnbru
16. @rupert
17. @nomadic /tickets sent for /dance
18.@Donald Watson
Can you please let me know when you send and receive your tickets please and alsso if you have booked dance tickets to thankyou .
You have till the middle of June to to send for your tickets but it does state on website limited space available . I know there are lots of changes to the site this year so not sure about the camping side of things . So don't be disappointed i wouldn't leave it to late to send for your tickets.
BUMPING INCASE ANYMORE INTEREST
regards Kate x

Last edited:

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Would love to go to this but a bit concerned that it wouldn't be suitable for dogs to attend? Any comments appreciated :)

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Taking our two dogs but I suppose it depends on how frightened they are of loud noises.
We wont be walking them round when the displays are in action and I am not sure how near we will be camped to them, perhaps @Ambilkate knows.

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Taking our two dogs but I suppose it depends on how frightened they are of loud noises.
We wont be walking them round when the displays are in action and I am not sure how near we will be camped to them, perhaps @Ambilkate knows.

Yes, I guess that would be the deciding factor....how close we will be to all the action. Thanks :)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Would love to go to this but a bit concerned that it wouldn't be suitable for dogs to attend? Any comments appreciated :)

Thats the sole reason we can't attend. Our dog would probably have a heart attack in the van. She's panicking now at the noise of a bird scarer which must be over a mile and half away.

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Hi Lisa we were two fields away last year @Jimbohorlicks took their little dog last year and he was ok but Jim will probably be commenting soon . I also know Ann and Malc who went last year didn't have a dog but they do this year so I am assuming they will be taking him this year . Also Dave and Sandra have two dogs and they are going .I think it also depends on the individual dog and how they react only you know your dog . As Ken (Canopus) has stated Jess his dog is scared of a bird scarer .There is reanactments on Saturday and Sunday and aircrafts will be flying over . There are large tanks that move around a bit and the ground rumbles a bit but as I said they are in ajoining fields . The field we were in is quite a large area and you could always ask to be further down the field . Hope this helps Lisa xxx Kate

Lisa

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
20th Sept 2014
Thats the sole reason we can't attend. Our dog would probably have a heart attack in the van. She's panicking now at the noise of a bird scarer which must be over a mile and half away.
Oh, it's a shame when they have these fears. I have one that doesn't like thunder...we've tried desensitising him, and it is better, but he's still not overly happy about it.

Hi Lisa we were two fields away last year @Jimbohorlicks took their little dog last year and he was ok but Jim will probably be commenting soon . I also know Ann and Malc who went last year didn't have a dog but they do this year so I am assuming they will be taking him this year . Also Dave and Sandra have two dogs and they are going .I think it also depends on the individual dog and how they react only you know your dog . As Ken (Canopus) has stated Jess his dog is scared of a bird scarer .There is reanactments on Saturday and Sunday and aircrafts will be flying over . There are large tanks that move around a bit and the ground rumbles a bit but as I said they are in ajoining fields . The field we were in is quite a large area and you could always ask to be further down the field . Hope this helps Lisa xxx Kate

Thanks Kate, that's very helpful. I shall speak to Julian and see what he thinks xx

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Bumping this meet, its only a week before the York meet and some of us are staying in the area and then going on to York.:)

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
From the wartime experience I'm back down to the Upton soul festival,and back uo for the Yorkshire fun meet. I must love fuel pumps.:)

OP
OP
Ambilkate

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Brought Amanda a lovely outfit for the dance on Saturday she is so looking forward to this meet . Anyone else's dressing up . We have been looking for Bill on eBay for uniforms but they are so so expensive :( Anyone got any ideas . I'm after some land girls dungarees a well for Amanda and me :)

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Regardings dogs and the gunfire noises etc. As Kate said we are some distance away and as I recall we couldn;t hear any very loud bangs etc but our dog is not affected by fireworks etc-she just barks back. We do keep her in the van when the noises start as its quite well insulated anyway. The only gunfire will be sat and sunday afternoons when they re-enact war battles etc for a couple of hours .there is no really loud bangs

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back