Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Philippft submitted a new Showcase Item:

Broken Link Removed

We had heard a lot about the Milau brige and how scary it was to drive over and the beutiful Tarn Gorges. So, we decided to do a small detour and visit both these places when doing our trip to the south of France trip in 2013.
Well, the Milau was a huge disappointment. It cost us around €12.0 to drive across and was no different from driving on a flat road. (bummer!). The bridge is a magnificent piece of French engineering and is best viewed from below and can easily be bypassed. We wont be crossing that again.
The Tarn Georges are beautiful. and worth a visit providing you are confident in driving on narrow roads. Good judgement is required on some of the roads when passing other vehicles and where the road is narrow there are dedicated passing places. As long as you are alert and drive within your capability you will be fine. We had an interesting situation where we met a 70 seater coach on a narrow road with quite a long drop on my side. We both stopped. I pulled my mirrors in and moved as close to the edge as I could and the coach inched passed. It worked a treat and at no time did we feel we were at risk. I guess these coaches are doing this every day as it's quite a tourist attraction. Whilst there are plenty of places to stop and park there is no overnight parking for motor-homes which was a bit of a disappointment as we originally planned to stay overnight in one of the small villages but had to drive all the way through. Still worth the visit though and there are some great places to stop for tea/coffee/ lunch etc.

Broken Link Removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back