LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Ok. so what's the secret to running a PB at a half marathon and a 5k on successive days?

Well some of you may say that hard training, hard work correct diet may be the reason's behind it.

Me? I say it's the following.

MENU-
Arrange a little get together with a few funsters youv'e met. In this case we will use Bungy (Clare and Daryl) and Edgy (Pepsi and Shirley) as an example.

Find a nice little Pub in the town you will be running in and add a little CL in to the equasion.

Start on Friday night with a visit to the said pub and sprinkle a bottle of Red Wine down your neck, boost with a few phone calls to the Champers and Sherrif for a chat before retiring to bed. Be awaken by a drunken wife at 01-40 having been turfed out the pub with the said edgy and bungy, Listen to her singing for approximately 40 mins before getting sleep.

Awake in the morning and run first 10 k. result a full minute of PB.

Return to camp, and insist on an early night, enjoy some carb loading by Shirley whilst Pepsi fills the glass of your wife.
return to bed early for your big day by hitting the sack at 10-30 pm for your 9-30 start. Await good lady to be returned to you at 1 am. listen to her whine about being sick for an hour, then nurse her as she is sick and whining. await the hour of 04-30 and then sleep, only to be awoken by cold said lady getting back in to bed.

Await alarm clock to sound at 07-30 walk a large bear dog and then go to the start of half marathon.
Meet fellow club members on the start line and start running-
await fellow funsters to cheer you on at the finish and BINGO, a new PB,

Sprinkle on a little late lunch in the pub, a few games of pool :Angry::Angry::Angry:
a bit of desert and the perfect weekend is over. :Sad:

till next time,

Thank you Ian (pepsi) Shirley, Clare and Daryl and of course the wonderful Nikki...:thumb:
for a perfect weekend.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Watch those knees Paul, they're only ones you'll get!LOL::bigsmile:

Sounds like you had a great time, well done mate!:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Why not do a 200 metre sprint?

You could get all sweaty that way as well.

You could also do away with the prep:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
With those great fun loving funsters with you to cheer you on you can't go wrong. Ian's got some great moves got them on video :roflmto: so can see the extra help would have helped.

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
When i opened up your post and saw the size of it i thought that you was sending me the Haga,s pool rule book:roflmto:. Great weekend again.I only filled the glass when it was empty. See you both soon.:thumb:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
I only filled the glass when it was empty.

must have had a hole in it? it was emptying rather quickly.....

fair play...i was knackered watching the fella..and 10mins later apart from being in strange joggerers with see through bits at the back of the knees, i wouldnt have guessed he'd just done 13miles...can you spot the haggeretts (official haggers cheer leaders) on the left.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Q2q5G-kpM&feature=player_detailpage"]the finish[/ame]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Well done Paul

I know you like some crazy challenges ever thought of this one

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z94NVESBto0&feature=player_embedded[/ame]