The Quiet Site

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by Bulawayo Lass, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Bulawayo Lass

Bulawayo Lass

Just been told about here The Quiet Site, my stepdaughter and fiancée have just spent a few days there and said it was amazing and it certainly looks lovely and l don't think to expensive. Doe's anyone have any comments on the place as we may go there be a nice few days away :Smile:

2. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Is this at Ullswater?? If so smashing site been there a few times when tenting.:Smile:

3. Wildbill

Wildbill Funster

is it camping with a hint of liberty visualise some old spinster with glasses going around finger over lip sssssssssssssssss :Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 1
  4. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

Yes, we went about 18 months ago and enjoyed it. We were able to pay with Camping Cheques. :thumb:

It's built on a slope, but plenty of level/terraced hardstanding.

Good views and I recall SWMBO was impressed by a 'private bathroom, with a bath!'

Short drive on fairly narrow road to access, but OK if taken slowly with care.

Enjoy. :thumb:

Mike

• Like Like x 1
  5. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Looks very nice.. I like the 10pm - 8am quiet rule ..

but a bit on the expensive side for us, .. we prefer no frills basic sites, CLs etc .

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bulawayo Lass

Bulawayo Lass

Yes it is the Ullswater site and yes expensive but the odd bit of luxury is permitted l recon :Smile:

Many thanks for the positive comments will make sure we are careful the road was my biggest worry regards width but others have done it so a few hail Mary and mumbo jumbo and we could do it :Rofl1:

7. Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie Read Only Funster

And another thing !!

Any site that is too ashamed to put their prices on a website is a no no for me !!!:Doh::Doh::Doh:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gizmouk

Gizmouk Funster

Prices are here:
    http://www.thequietsite.co.uk/tariff

Just called a site near St Neots for a price for next weekend. Was quoted £61 for nights. :Eek!:
    I just put the phone down

9. Dogeared

Dogeared Funster

Sorry to spoil the nice reviews, but the views are okay if you have binoculars, expensive and not that brilliant. Couple of decent walks from the site. Take food and drink as no bus service and shop very pricey

• Like Like x 1
  10. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

And Camping Cheques (£14.95) are valid until 17 July and again from 7 September. :thumb:

http://www.campingcheque.co.uk/united-kingdom/cumbria/the-quiet-site-c703.html

PS - If you have a credit card that is not loaded for using in € Euros, then you can buy the cheques from http://www.campingcheque.fr/ for €16 euro ie £12.80 sterling! Works a treat if you have a silver or gold camping cheque card, because it's all done electronically - so no physical pieces of paper. There is an admin charge, but there is if you buy the cheques in the UK too.

Mike

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  11. Bulawayo Lass

Bulawayo Lass

Well dont have camping cheques was thinking of being able to use it as a base and going off on the bikes? Can take binoculars :BigGrin:
    Joking apart the more info the better was thinking of being just an overnighter to get us out for a weekend we live near Manchester so go first thing spend night come back next afternoon.

12. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

We have been, very sloping site quite a bit of noise there, would not call it particularly special, we have not been back.

• Like Like x 1
  13. gibbon

gibbon Read Only Funster

We liked it but thought it was pricy. Nice location, also has it's own dog friendly bar. Nice facilities:Smile:

14. lee52

lee52 Funster

Been there a few times myself like it has been said you have access to a private bathroom the bar is a old converted barn with a big open fire just a nice place to sit and chat or read. was very impressed with the site. likewise right next door there is a site called the cove which was very good, run by a old chap who would jump on his bicycle to lead the way to your pitch.

Both where very nice at the time (might be different now been a few years) they did not allow large same sex groups so a bit more peacefull

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  15. Traveller_HA5_3DOM

Traveller_HA5_3DOM Read Only Funster

Regarding the pricing it is stated at http://www.thequietsite.co.uk/tariff I particulary liked the £3 reduction for Pensiners per pitch and the £3 reduction for No car, which I take to mean a motorhome only.
    It also mentions "Fully serviced pitches with 16amp EHU, fresh & grey water (water available March-October) available extra cost per night = £5.00 per pitch". For those who want that extra 6amps and their own water supply.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  16. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

May be wrong, but I think that would be someone camping without a car.. ie hiker or cyclist ..