The most fantastic, must have, unused gadgets ever! (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
dabhand

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
has anyone menioned the dreaded "foot spa". how about the distinctly lethal electric carving knife.:)
"Foot Spa" 3 and counting (don't ask!) Love my electric carving knife, just can't find it though!

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
I cleared out my Mum's garage on Friday, or rather cleared a path for her to the fuse box and freezer that are in there.

My late Step Dad was a keeper of things.

Once I had edged round the dismantled Triumph Spitfire, I cleared out 6 electric drills, 3 hedge cutters, an assortment of tools, pressure washers, a digger, 3 work benches, thousands of torches, 3 hatchets, 2 bird tables and best of all a generator which I think I might have.

How many of these items actually work, remains to be seen:D
I miss my old dismantled Spitfire, if you need a new home for it, I still have the space.....

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
The Karcher window vac is one gadget that we thought would definitely go into the "use once and put in a cupboard" category. However, it is a great bit of kit for the windows, especially the windscreen on the van (A class and very big) plus the patio windows etc.
We used ours this morning at home to clear all the condensation from the windows. ( no double glazing in an old house) , great idea about using it in the van though too, I never even thought about that....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We used ours this morning at home to clear all the condensation from the windows. ( no double glazing in an old house) , great idea about using it in the van though too, I never even thought about that....
Use the larger of the two wotsits and you can get right down to the bottom of the screen. Long arms required, though - certainly on ours as the screen is miles away. Finally found a way of cleaning the inside of the screen and leaving it smear free (y)

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Use the larger of the two wotsits and you can get right down to the bottom of the screen. Long arms required, though - certainly on ours as the screen is miles away. Finally found a way of cleaning the inside of the screen and leaving it smear free (y)

Dam, new gadget on the way :cry:

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
I use an electric carving knife for slicing my home made bread,when I can find it-my daughter does soft furnishings for for a chap who restores VWs. She has found that it is perfect for cutting foam to shape.

OP
OP
dabhand

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Rotavator - which, I think, is the longest palindromic word in English :)
At the risk of being branded a pedant, it's not, it's tattarrattat, coined by James Joyce in Ulysses for a knock on the door. :)

Reactions: GJH
Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Daughter & son-in-law bought us a chocolate fountain thing for christmas, something destined to spend its days at the back of a cupboard. They were having a new year party so asked if they could borrow it (typical) which we agreed especially since we were going to the party anyway.

When we got to their house we discovered that they were experimenting with using it as a cheese fountain, it didn't work and got completely clogged with cheese. They offered to buy a new one but we convinced them that wouldn't be necessary, phew :)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My garage is dominated by a state of the art running machine my wife insisted we needed last year.

Don't buy it I said, it will just be a fad and will then gather dust.

You wait and see she says.

It is gathering dust...

Handy to hang stuff like awnings over to get them dry though.

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
My garage is dominated by a state of the art running machine my wife insisted we needed last year.

Don't buy it I said, it will just be a fad and will then gather dust.

You wait and see she says.

It is gathering dust...

Handy to hang stuff like awnings over to get them dry though.

When my Ex insisted on one I said the same. After 4 weeks I took the fuse out of the plug. No one ever noticed, when we split for some reason it had to come with me and is now used as a storage point in my garage, great for awnings and tents :D

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
That oblong thingee on the Lap top! you start to use it! have a bit of a shake!
Where the hell is that arrow thingee?:doh:

Jeez!

Wizz it around!

Oh fer crissake where's the bloody Mouse thingee!

Reactions: GJH

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
an apple peeler, works a bit, clogs up , takes ages to clean afterwards, so in the cupboard.
Cheers, Dave(y)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well Joy, I reckon this guy tried the same machine as you mate !!

Broken Link Removed

Jandek

Free Member
Jan 21, 2013
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Rhythmn
Exp
Use the larger of the two wotsits and you can get right down to the bottom of the screen. Long arms required, though - certainly on ours as the screen is miles away. Finally found a way of cleaning the inside of the screen and leaving it smear free (y)[/QUOTE

Great for shower door too.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
In our family they are known as USB's ...............

Under Sink Beauties :rofl:

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
wife use's the foot spa otherwise she needs bolt croppers to do her toe nails have owned most of the others mentioned but most have gone to the gadget park in the sky
however i do still have my mums sandwich toaster that she bought at the ideal home exhibition in the late fifties

Attachments

• IMAG0074.jpg
    IMAG0074.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 15
Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
I have a foot spa in the loft. A fresh pasta maker...never been out of the box. And a lovely collection of coffee makers...I always seemed to come back from Germany with a new one, until the faff of making proper coffee wears off and I go back to good old Nescafé!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have got a Paul McKenna how to stop smoking Cd and book that an old client of mine bought me.

I am waiting for the pages to dry so that I can use them as roll ups.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back