The Monday Moan

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Jim, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Its Monday so lets have a good old fashioned British Moan. :BigGrin:

Give one or two things that other road users do to wind you up..:shout::shout: I'll start you off.

Those plonkers that think just because they are on the other carriageway their main beam does not dazzle:RollEyes:

2. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

the miserable gits who shoot down the outside of you just as you are about to park in a spot you have waited in line for ages to become vacent, take that spot and then park so far off the curb that when the adjacent spot comes vacent there is not room to get parked properly without:cry: shunting a million times. :Angry::Angry::Angry:

3. PeteH

PeteH Funster

Moan

Hi

How about the "suicide" merchants that can`t read? (If you cant see my mirrors, I cant see you!) Plastered all over the back of the Lorry AND the R-V, and STILL they sit out of sight!!! Or try to get down the inside when I`m trying to turn left. Big orange indicators flashing, side markers flashing, NEED to go wide to avoid cutting the kerb,. God only knows who taught them to drive!!!.

pete

4. outcast

outcast Read Only Funster

The brain donors that slam the brakes on every time they see a speed camera, even when they are traveling way under the speed limit.

5. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

People who have never been over 45mph but wont let an RV overtake them accelerating to speeds they have never seen before:Doh:

6. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

People turning right from a main road when you're waiting at/arriving at a T junction and nearly taking your front end off because they can't be bothered to stay in lane and find it easier to cut the corner.

7. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

The idiot who overtakes you forcing you to brake to save his life only to gain one place in a mile long line of traffic. :Angry:

8. karalal

karalal Funster

People that text whilst driving

9. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

bus drivers in bus lanes who come to a red light, dont like it , so push out into the normal lane to go through green.

10. pappajohn

drivers who think an ambulance siren means 'STOP NOW' no matter where you happen to be or how unsafe it is to stop.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  11. Geo

Geo Trader - Funster

Motor Home and Rv drivers who seem to be on Holiday 365 days a year
    Ive got a fortinight mate, so git outa the way:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:
    Geo

12. JayDee

JayDee Funster

Grrrr!

Mr(s) 40 everywhere.

Also, I believe that you would be absolutely astonished how many people - and this is people that live right out in the sticks on very, very narrow roads with just the occasional place for passing - that haven't got a clue how to reverse an ordinary car to get into the passing place that they just passed 100yds ago and expect (and I do mean expect) the bloke with the tractor and trailer, the milk wagon, the feed delivery lorry or the motorist towing his caravan to reverse maybe a third of a mile.:Doh::Doh:

But then (as I've said before) I chose to live here, so I shouldn't complain :)Angry:why not:Angry:); and anyway, half the population is below average intelligence (though I often think that is under-estimated!:BigGrin:).

John

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  13. dave newell lvs

dave newell lvs Trader-Vehicle Services

The moronic driving instructor who passed me with a pupil at the wheel when I was travelling at the signed speed limit, then told his pupil to pull in as he needed the exit they were half way past!!!:Eeek::Eeek:.

D.

14. theresa

theresa Read Only Funster

the car drivers that HAVE to pull out in front of a camper van making you slam on the brakes
    then drive slower then the van any way . :Angry:

15. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

CLOG members ( Centre Lane Owners Group )

And those muppets who pull up more or less beside you on a motorway and then SIT there so you cannot pull out to overtake the lorry in front

Every driver who thinks they are a good or above average driver

Drivers in queues who think that people on motorbikes are not allowed to filter and go out of their way to make it difficult ( to say the least.. but do it too much and they WILL lose their mirror as my foot accidentally collides with it )

Lorry drivers who over fill with diesel and cause millions of pounds worth of damage and some deaths to fellow bikers

People who throw fag ends / chip wrappers and in one case a small dog !!! out of a car window so it/whatever hits the biker behind

Muppet car drivers who MOAN at the 'think bike' signs ( Heard one idiot turn to another germ and ask why they cannot think for them selves............ **** !! )

Think I had better stop now cos I can feel the froth forming and I will be falling over backwards shortly !:Eeek: :Laughing:

16. davejen

davejen Funster

To me the real D---- heads are the drivers that DON'T use their lights when conditions warrent their use -like when it's raining, misty , foggy, and even in the dark! I think there is a good case for automatic headlight switch-on. I know about the recent report that said accident rates went UP in the countries that trialled this recently but that seemed to be because people were being dazzled and affecting the brain in some way , so maybe if the headlamps came on like the "dim-dip" ones you could get in I think the 70's might be a solution to that.
    Just my opinion, Dave:Angry:

17. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Lorry drivers that are too lazy to use the facilities at service stations.. .. the overwhelming stench of urine in the summer is nauseating .. :Angry:

18. badger1

badger1 Read Only Funster

tuesday moan

I hate the Tractor drivers, no lights no signals and the majority of 'em will not pull over when they know they have a mile long queue behind!
    Farmers who move huge numbers of sheep or cattle along main roads with only one guy in charge, usually at the wrong end of the heap of wandering bodies. Once saw a cow stick its head in through the open window of a car to get at a sandwich that a child was eating, the nipper panicked and wound the window up as far as it would go. The cow then panicked and removed head and window!!

My pet hate = morons who sit at t junctions waiting until you are 20 yards away when they will suddenly pull out on you because their one brain cell has suddenly told them
    "pull out now, you don't want to be behind this motorhome/caravan!!" Whereas if they had two brain cells the other might kick in and say " hang on, this bloke approaching me may well have three or four tons to try and stop!"

Then, having pulled out infront of you they poodle along at 20 miles per hour, one hand on the phone, the other ferkling around with the sat nav!
    We once had a woman pull out infront of us who spent the next 5 minutes applying her make up via the interior mirror whilst driving !! Then we have the, Sorry Lorry Drivers !
    Most of these Guys are brain dead ? You've seen 'em , 65mph and 3 feet apart, 40mph and two abreast for miles because the one has not got the power to get by and the guy on the inside is not going to back off? I have to admit ,from my observations, that the foreign drivers seem to be the worst.
    Whilst on a Dutch motorway this year we followed a Polish registered lorry that kept on drifting well onto the hard shoulder, about 8 times over a 3 kilometre stretch, when we eventually got level with the cab the guy was sat with one leg on the dash and was reading a paperback book !! It beggars belief !! :Angry:

Moan over!! regards gordon.

19. PeteH

PeteH Funster

Two Things you have to remember before you

"Quote"

Most of these Guys are brain dead ? You've seen 'em , 65mph and 3 feet apart, 40mph and two abreast for miles because the one has not got the power to get by and the guy on the inside is not going to back off? I have to admit ,from my observations, that the foreign drivers seem to be the worst.

1) The speed Limiter is Set by LAW at 88Km so it NOT "lack of power" just lack of inteligence on behalf of the law makers. If you have a problem with it E-Mail your MP, and get it changed.

2)The LEGAL limit for an HGV (LGV) is 40MPH on a two lane carriage way. The NUTTERS in cars, motorhomes etc, who get Frustrated at this, try to overtake AND CAUSE MOST OF THE "ACCIDENTS" on this type of road.

YES I admit that SOME, of my fellow HGV (LGV) collegues are Guilty (me-lud) of the "crime" of trying to overtake, when "on the limiter". but at the end of the day the REAL guilt resides with lawmakers NOT with guys trying to earn a living bringing your cornflakes to your supermarket. Get a copy of the requirements for working hours for Drivers and see if you can make head or tail of it AND still keep (a) Sane (b) make some wages.

It should be rembered that (like it or not) 90% of what you EAT travels in a TRUCK at SOME point on its journey from Source to table.

Regards

Pete

20. pappajohn

the idiots who drive at night using just sidelights and badly adjusted 'driving' lights. dont these fools know if you move the switch a little further the BIG lights come on as well

and the 'might hit a fog bank' clowns.......it hasnt been foggy for weeks on end but they still have their rear fog lights on:Angry:....usually when its raining.:Doh: